Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where could I get Blue LED's?

Options
  • 21-11-2002 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Does anyone knoe where I can get Blue LED's like the ones I ahve attached in the picture? Many thanks in advance.

mfield.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

www.peats.ie

http://www.peats.ie/cgi-bin/shop/db.cgi?view=1&id=3018&type=6&sid=261438x0 (5mm)

http://www.peats.ie/cgi-bin/shop/db.cgi?view=1&id=1564&type=6&sid=261438x0 (3mm)

www.maplin.co.uk

These two never, ever have them in stock when you walk into the shop, you'll need to either order them with a credit card or, with peats, order them and specify collection in store, and go in a few days later to pick them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭mfield

Many thanks phaxx! I'll be getting myself a few of those :D

Do you know if these are good quality super bright LED's, as I want them to really stand out?

mfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

They're pretty good, stand out nicely. Have some 3mm ones in the front of my case, used some 5mm ones in an unrelated project recently too.

Case front:
    case-front.jpg

Unrelated project: (coaster-like thing - it sits on my desk, looks pretty and holds change, keys, etc)
    coasterthing.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by phaxx
    These two never, ever have them in stock when you walk into the shop
    Not true. I walked into Maplin a while ago (few months), handed the man a list and a few euro, and walked out with two 3mm blue LEDs and one superbright 5mm blue LED. Not to mention a bicolor, a tricolor, and assorted other electronics. Blue LEDs look super sweet installed as the Power LED in an aluminium case BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Maplin are a few quid for a blue led.
    I found Farnell to be the cheapest. only 80c a led or something and its free delivery over €25 i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭mfield

I want them to be super bright as I'm putting the on my Technics 1200's ;). I have a guide on how to do the install, in the guide the writer says that he bought cheap blue led's and found these to be below par, he then goes on to say that he paid $9 for the super bright ones and that they were much much better than the ones he previously installed. I am just curious to know if these will do the same job as I want a good strong light first time round instead of having to do it all again. Many thanks in advance for the help lads.

mfield.

Advertisement