Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

64k ISDN: "Join the boadband revolution" - peats.ie

Options
  • 21-11-2002 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

From a peats.ie ISDN modem description:
    Great value single line ISDN T/A. Join the broadband revolution at last !

It appears peats need some re-educating (amoung other things :D)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

/me falls over

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

broadband JA DAS IST MAXI 64k :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

they know exactly what their on about, they have i-stream for their internal network (1meg) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Maybe they're just trying to swindle potential customers ignorant to broadband into buying their goods by making them think they'll have super fast access, because it says "broadband!!!! super happy fast!" on the box...

Just like eircom! Only more annoying because we're used to eircom being swindling, cheap knackers. :)

At least people aren't FORCED to buy from them, like they essentially are from eircom...

zynaps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Nothing would surprise me about that lot. apart from M****N and one or two others most of the crowd working there know more about makeup and looking pretty than they do about technology. hurray for komplett.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Originally posted by De Rebel
    Nothing would surprise me about that lot. apart from M****N and one or two others most of the crowd working there know more about makeup and looking pretty than they do about technology. hurray for komplett.ie

Looking pretty? Have you lost the plot?!! I just moan "Oh God" everytime I get to the top of the stairs and see the dopey faces looking out from behind the counter. In fairness I know of two people there who do have a clue. And then there was the time one guy there was asked do they do SCART leads... "depends what voltage you're looking for, what make are your speakers?" ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

I might have some sway with the owners ... will drop em a mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

I already sent em a bitchy one... whee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Originally posted by cgarvey
    Looking pretty? Have you lost the plot?!! I just moan "Oh God" everytime I get to the top of the stairs and see the dopey faces looking out from behind the counter. In fairness I know of two people there who do have a clue. And then there was the time one guy there was asked do they do SCART leads... "depends what voltage you're looking for, what make are your speakers?" ....

lol, christ you must really hate the place ! I work there, ill see what I can do bout the dopey look thats bothering ya :)

Oh and we had a good laugh ourselves today when I told em about the modem description. Ill ask the web guys to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DC

Xithus,
    we had a good laugh ourselves today
    Thats probably the best advertisement you could have done for Peats. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Erroneous product descriptions? What next - inflated prices??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Muirthile

Originally posted by Slutmonkey57b
    Erroneous product descriptions? What next - inflated prices??
    Ah come on, they've successfully acheived that already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Originally posted by Xithus
    lol, christ you must really hate the place ! I work there, ill see what I can do bout the dopey look thats bothering ya :)

Nah, just some of the people there!! I won't go on, but some of the younger/newer chaps in there have a pretty awful attitude that just because they have no idea/or little knowledge of the item you want, you (the customer) must be wrong. Every time I go in I see an example of a lost sale because of this. Countless stories, now is not the time. It is a blessing to go in and be served by someone with a personality, and an ability to learn and serve, hopefully you're one of them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

To deviate from the IOffL thing totally I spent a pointless day exchanging emails with an a$$clown that kept giving me tripe about the price of fixed hard drives, up to 8 different models. My question was how much they charge for a dvd ram disc for my new panasonic dvd recorder. Ans: (given by someone who emailed me days later telling me in a polite way that the clown hasn't a clue) enough for a minor plastic surgeryl procedure. They have totally lost it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 bashibazouk

Vampyre, do you ever have anything positive, and/or informed to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hmmm, seems to be deviating slightly so I'll be locking this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement