Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What the Internet should be...

• 21-11-2002 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

Everybody's had bad experiences on the Internet, but what was your best?

Last night I was looking for a specific type of reciever, though I wasn't exactly sure what brand/product it was. A quick search on Yahoo brought me exactly what I wanted. In all, it took less than two minutes to search, fill in the order form and payment details, and complete the transaction. It was dispatched today, and I expect to have it Monday. Compare that to trudging around a million shops in the rain, though Xmas crowds and probably not finding it anywhere.

I love you, Internet. Let's never be apart :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Assuming that this includes irc, I would like to say that nine times out of 10 #tech.ie has been a saviour to me. If not there the technology boards work for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

best moment...hmmm

would have to be on irc last year....myself and littletinyman started a big mad made up story (extremely funny and didn't make any sense) ...other people joined in and added to the humour - i was actually seriously laughing out loud the whole way through it ..my mother walked in and couldn't believe the internet could be so funny when she saw me in breaking out into fits of laughter in front of the pc - does anyone remember the story....have they a log of it...i want it back!
    I'm sure it would be pretty hard to find amongst the 100's of complete bs and made up stories that are seen in fortress.ie every week. - but that story was the king of all made up stories!!

ohh memories..

/me weeps..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

I have a log of that Scrappy, I'll sell it to you for a tenner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

it was like a drunken chat in a bar or something....dunno if it's worth a tenner to relive it though ..but then again..
    how about you pm me the log and i won't kill you.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

I love you, Internet. Let's never be apart

yeh think...?

http://www.somethingawful.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

I have to admit I have had mainly good experience with the internet. It has seriously opened my life in a big way. 1) I have met my current boyfriend through the Internet, we are together nearly a year and I met my previous boybriend through the net, and although it didn't work out, I am glad I met him, he enriched my life. I found my job through the net and involved web admin work, so I am being paid to do what I enjoy, surf the net. It can't get much better than that and in terms of finding out information, downloading music and meeting new people online it is brilliant. So long as one keeps their perspective on things, the Internet is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Finding truepoker.com.
    Although this could be my worst internet moment also...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

irc is amusing, eh funneh pics n stuff, generally good for research ... its all good baby

Advertisement