Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many of you have received new Sky cards?

• 22-11-2002 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi,

I was just wondering how many of you have received the new Sky cards. I've heard nothing yet, and just wanted to know if I should start "worrying".

Don't want to be cut off for the Crimbo ;)

Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I have not heard of anyone who has received the new card yet.

I did read somewhere though that the old cards would work throughout the Christas period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

was posted on digital spy that sky are having problems and that new cards wont appeartill the new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I know of three people in the UK who have the new cards, working fine by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darby OGill

Q.1. Are they subscribers or FTV?
    Q.2. Did they have to activate the cards or just slot 'em in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I think (hope) subscribers only. They are supposed to be replacing 7 million cards. I think the FTV system in the UK as way more customers

Just slot em in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The new cards *might* be an issue for people that have "moved" ;) from the original subscription or FTV card address.

They won't be a problem if you get mail forwarded from the orignal address.

Obviously folks in Ireland with "cancelled" UK sub cards in use as FTV cards and don't know the orginal address have a problem. The people who "sold" those ought to be hung by their thumbs, esp. if there was no forwarding from address with card, as even changing the card to a different box is a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darby OGill

Yes, that seems to be the case- a lot of people could end up in bad situation- some of whom have paid big money for cards/boxes presumably.

As a matter of interest, does anyone know/have a guesstimate of the likely numbers involved here in Ireland i.e. (users of either fully functioning FTV cards or ex-sub/unmatched cards with ITV etc. only)? Just curious.

Thankfully I'll be O.K. myself but I know how I'd feel if I lost the signal.

Originally posted by Darby O'Gill

They have subs, and I didn't ask :(

Originally posted by Darby O'Gill
    As a matter of interest, does anyone know/have a guesstimate of the likely numbers involved here in Ireland i.e. (users of either fully functioning FTV cards or ex-sub/unmatched cards with ITV etc. only)? Just curious.

No one knows, its not like this figure is readily collected!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

RE.NEW SKY CARDS,WAS SPEAKING TO THE FTA CALLCENTER,THEY SAID THAT WHEN THE NEW CARDS ARE ISSUED AT THE START OF NEXT VEAR THAT THEY WILL BE SELF ACTIVATING.ROLL ON 2003.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Caps Lock stuck today, Spawker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Cheers Mugger,have that sussed now.;)

Advertisement