Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

been a while!

Options
  • 28-05-1999 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

since someone's posted here!

Anyway, you may remember I posted about designing Clan Arena maps.. well I was looking at the map MGDM4 and MGDM3a , they are pretty good (from a CA POV) great fun normally (played with reapers). Anyway, I forget which one it is but it's got LOADS of interconnecting corridors, a few teleporters and lifts. I was thinking, resize it (make it bigger so people can maneauver in the twisty tunnels) maybe cut out a section of it (it's in three distinct parts, wiping out one would make it a nicer size for CA - you know how annoying it is when there's two peeps left and they can't find each other).

What'ya think? How difficult is it to resize a map? Do lifts have to be re-written for the new height or do they update automatically if the track is stretched?

Who wrote the MG maps? Would he mind peeps doing this to them?

J.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The MG levels are I think Moonglums levels?

He plays(ed) for Guns Islanders...

Ask Cloud for his contact details - I'm sure he has 'em.

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    homepage.tinet.ie/~davitt

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

It's very difficult to resize. I'm working on resizing DM3 for Dev (almost there) and it's by no means simple.

1. You need the bsp-map converter which will never be perfect. I opened a converted dm3 in bsp and the camera was ar$eways as well as textures being all over the place.

2. You can't just select-all and resize it. The surfaces might survive but entities would be problematic (like the platform example you mentioned).

3. So basically it's a long cosmetic job of wandering around the map fixing textures, deleting walls and entities plus making sure you don't create and leaks.

As an aside seeing as you mentioned the problems with only two players left in ca. Well why don't the programming bods try and code ca to teleport the two players into the same room as soon as there are only two left.
    Just an idea!

M

Advertisement