Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So where is the best Student Night out?

Options
  • 22-11-2002 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭

back in my day it was the palace, the queues would be huge at 9bells, always packed (that was summer 99 -1st year in college)

or else MIA in temple got decent - I remember they sold Redbull+vodka for £2.50

so where do people go now? I heard Fireworks in good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Fireworks, Annabells and Spirit seem to be the main places. They need to bring back the palace cause everyone wen there. I know that you only get one type of crowd in annabells, mainly tcd in fireworks:eek: spirit has a decent mix but never as good as palace!!

Cheap beer, gob****e bouncers lots of women big area and two dance floors just incase

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Originally posted by damnyanks
    Fireworks, Annabells and Spirit seem to be the main places. They need to bring back the palace cause everyone wen there. I know that you only get one type of crowd in annabells, mainly tcd in fireworks:eek: spirit has a decent mix but never as good as palace!!

Cheap beer, gob****e bouncers lots of women big area and two dance floors just incase

How much is it into Spirit on a Student Night?

I Hear annabells is full of rugger buggers.... any good tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Annabells is muck from what i remember of it. I went there over the summer and from what i can remember(i was a bit twisted by the time i got there) its small, expensive and infested with a load of southside "Daddy just bought me a new BMW even though i cant drive" muppets.

Needless to say i didnt like it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Used to be at the Palace every student night alright. Especially as the college was only up the road in Ranelagh (NCI). Don't know bout fireworks cos whenever I'm in there its been abandonded. The only time I've been in there when it was jammered was New Years Eve.

Annabells is what appie said

Who would goto nci only dodgy characters go there, and no way would they get into the palace! !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Who would goto nci only dodgy characters go there, and no way would they get into the palace! !

True. Hence why we all wore disguises which made us look like TCD students. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Annabells is what appie said
    They were also underage! And you should know bynow sbdi im always right!

And they eat raw spinach!!

Damn the spinach!!

Did you steal my spinach ?

I'll get you biatch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Guess it depends on what floats your boat really. If yer going out with other students and want to be in the company of students, then fireworks is the place. Personally speaking, I don't rate the place, knobstickle bouncers, expensive grog and the dancefloor is too small. But as Jed from The Fast Show would say "aarr this week, I have been mostly going to ri-ra's".
    Turks head ain't so bad actually, good mix of people there. In one night, I was talking to a stock broker from Davy Stockbrokers, a french customer service girl and a guy who I didn't see in about 2 years. Not bad eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Anywhere in Galway? :)

Preferably the GPO.

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

Ooh Copper Face Jacks now thats dangerous, serving till late you WILL STRUGGLE to walk outta there.
    But at least you will prob get someone there coz there is always a high number of easy people around
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Copper Face Jacks? Fireworks? Annabells? Palace? jesus. how ****e and full of shirt and shoes knobs are those places.
    Try Switch on a Thurs. night... cheap drink and great music. Hell even the Turks Head is better than the above 4.
    Used to always go to the Kitchen on Tuesday nights in my college days, but thats gone a while now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

It has to be Handel's of Fishamblers street i think. It a variable **** hole but for some reason there is always a nice mix of ppl there and it has a good vibe...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Best night out, not in this country. go to england.

Right I know its sterling.

But Monday to thusday there are always free entry into nightclubs.

Cocktails =£2.00
    Pints: Cheapest £1.75 Dearest: £2.25 (Stella)
    Shots 1.00
    Cheap shots 50p

Night clubs on student nights Vodka and coke 50p
    Whiskey and coke 50p

Beat that

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭ali.g

...dont laugh but carlows student nite life is rated one of the best in ireland next to galways and corks........its really good...lots of cheap beer and lots of promos and lots of great women......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

ah the women!!!
    THERE ARE SAVAGE WOMEN IN CARLOW!!
    nyom nyom nice!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Students not go to whelans anymore?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I think Carlows student night life is only so good because a huge % of students live away from home, rent was cheap,so there were always house parties and things on too,Its strange to think a place with one night club could be one of the best places to go out but the student social life is cool:)I know it has 2 night clubs now but as the edge is just umm soo cool and fairly new it really cant be counted!cool lights though:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Galway:

GPO is good, some nights are excellent.
    I like from the point of view that when there's a band playing in the bar and a DJ on the dance floor you have a choice to mosh or dance. No shíte from the bouncers either, soundest bunch of lads I ever met on the door of someplace.

Cuba* is similar to GPO, though with slightly more of a "theme" thing going on.
    I don't like the dance there so much as it's always bloody packed. I've been to a few gigs there and always had a good time.

I've been in The Alley (Club Karma now).
    Total shíte unless you're really in bad need of pulling someone AND you can't get in anywhere else.

As for pubs - take your pick down the Dominick st./Shop st. areas.
    Hole in the Wall and Fibbers are two uselss pubs. Full of young ****érs spilling bud and vodka-redbull all over the gaff. Can never get a bloody seat no matter what time of the evening either...strange that....

McSwiggans is a good pub for a chat.

I ahven't been to Le Metro/The Raddison yet, but I hear it's styled more like the huge german "barn" type clubs, which could be good or bad for you depending what you like. I must take a stroll down there some night....

CP's (Central Park) is shíte. It seems to draw a huge crowd though - generally rednecks dressed upto the ninth (just to get in the door) and women wearing "the same 3 combinations from the NEXT catalogue".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Mondays -Pegs
    Cheap but very good. Always packed i.e. lots of people to *prey* on.

Wednesday - Fireworks (Second best of week)
    Expensive but full of top totty and an interesting night out. Lots of good games etc.

Thursday - Spirit (Best night of week) ([edit]Not [/edit]Closed for January)
    Brilliant night out. Cheap drink. Cheap Admission. Top Totty.
    Dance Show upstairs is deadly but don't look at it for too long or you'll forget to drink,dance,score.

Check out my site for more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

What you think? Where gives the best student nite?

Price of Drink..
    Music...
    Crowd..
    etc.

We is talking bout Dublin of course :)

There is already a thread about this. Go to the college play section and i will move it to the top for you.

Anyone been to the big tree's night yet? or IL MONDO in Ranelagh?

Cheers..

Anyone know of any places that do an exclusive HipHop type of job? Not underground sht just the regular stuff??

I know Tivoli used to do one on a friday, never went tho..think they stopped doing it too..

ta

Can you post that q in the other thread?

I have a feeling two threads will cause a prob.

I'll answer there.

Cheers..

Anyone know of any places that do an exclusive HipHop type of job? Not underground sht just the regular stuff??

I know Tivoli used to do one on a friday, never went tho..think they stopped doing it too..

ta

Think the POD run something like that on a thurs night?

Just as a matter of interest, how many ppl are interested in night like this?

Someone ran one in D-TWO recently and i heard that it didn't go down too well???

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Nope, I was in the pod on thursday nite and it was chart & dance

i'll look into it for you johnor, need one for the site anyway.

[edit]
    Thursday Night :: Coyote Lounge, D'Olier Street :: BOOTY. Dublins Premier Night Out. Upfront and old skool RnB, hip hop and urban grooves. Resident DJ Pure Silk(Jazz FM).

I'll get back to you on drinks prices etc.
    [/edit]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭D nominater

okay so it's a bit of a tangent but i heard(i think) that there is a playstation night every Sunday in the Bodega in Cork city.

Also i've been philophising now for a few monthes and i still haven't quite figured it out entirely why the hell do you really have to not wear runners in night clubs and more to the point why is there no mutant nightclub that allows people in with them or is there?

Advertisement