Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory Question

• 22-11-2002 12:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I haven't a clue about RAM and was wondering what type I could put in to a Dell Dimension PII (about 4 years old). Or even where I could find out about this.

Thanks,

John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Originally posted by John2002
    Hi guys,

I haven't a clue about RAM and was wondering what type I could put in to a Dell Dimension PII (about 4 years old). Or even where I could find out about this.

Thanks,

John
    try the dell support site, but I reckon Pc133 wont work, or over 256(for a single stick)
    I have a 3 year old p3 gateway, and that wont support a pc133 256Mb single stick I have

support site HERE , go to upgrade my comp, then enter your 'System Service Tag' which can be found inside UR comp, they might be able to tell ya what ya can/can't put on UR pc there

or else give them a bell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Thanks Hussey. That site seems to be mainly dealing with software upgrades etc, so I think I'll just give them a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

http://www.crucial.com/uk/ have model-specific information on RAM upgrades - what you need and how much the machine will take. Their prices are pretty good too.

Originally posted by longword
    http://www.crucial.com/uk/ have model-specific information on RAM upgrades

The website is quite good. Do you know anything about the company's reliability?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by John2002
    The website is quite good. Do you know anything about the company's reliability?
    Rock solid in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

In my opinion they are the perfect model of how a web store should be run. Good prices, easy to navigate website, good support and quick delivery.

Thanks lads, I'll buy from them so.

Wow, those guys are pretty fast. I ordered on friday afternoon and a guy from UPS just called me looking for directions to my house.

Advertisement