Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Please Help Me!!!!!

Options
  • 22-11-2002 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

please help me! im in college and i have a programming assignment to do! its wrecking my head so i really need sum help! im not askin for any1 else to do it but i could really use some hints/advice! PLEASE PLEASE!
    i have to create a program to calculate the GPA of 6 subjects! i know its probably simple but its hard to me!!!! :P
    any help/hints/advice (e.g books i could use etc) would be greatly appreciated!
    please email me!
    thank you so much
    Foxy......soulfly_fly_high8698@hotmail.com

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Foxy

Would not advise that you get someone to do it for you, better off doing it yourself, by either surfin the net and using the likes of planetsourcecode.com or else getting the back.

If you hit problems ask us but when u have ur assessment then we are no good to u.

BTW - Welcome to boards, hope we can help !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Foxy

i meant advice as in sites i could use and books! thats sorta thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Number 1: Tell us what language you are doing it in.

Number 2: Tell us what ideas you have/How you think it can be done.

Makes our lives a little easier :) Welcome to boards.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

are you actually foxy ? or just an ugly bird with a good name ?

Cause kane is a good programmer and is dying for a shag, so he could give you some help !

har har har.

in the serious vein, give us some more info and we might be able to help.

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

welcome to the for loop.
    [php]
    float gpa = 0;
    for (int i = 0; i < numSubjects; i++)
    {
    gpa += subject.getGrade():
    }
    gpa /= (float)numSubjects;
    [/php]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Foxy
    i meant advice as in sites i could use and books! thats sorta thing!
    Here's a good place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

lol - good to see you haven´t lost it Corinthian old boy.

Foxy we can help you but you need to give us more info such as what code you´ve written, what you´re trying to do and your cup size. This is very important as the amount of help you get is directly proportional to cup size.

But more seriously welcome :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Played Gado.

I know a guy who asks questions on usenet etc as a girl (typically something like "Foxy" or "Sexy") in order to quicker answers from the geeks (nice one Phil!) :)

Foxy, try reading the FAQ (linked at top of thew board).

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Well I have spent some time in Thailand ... em ...

/me slaps forehead once again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    Use meaningful, specific subject headers
    On mailing lists or newsgroups, the subject header is your golden opportunity to attract qualified experts' attention in around 50 characters or fewer. Don't waste it on babble like "Please help me" (let alone "PLEASE HELP ME!!!!"; messages with subjects like that get discarded by reflex). Don't try to impress us with the depth of your anguish; use the space for a super-concise problem description instead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement