Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GC, PS2 or XBox ???

Options
  • 22-11-2002 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I need help. I'm getting 1 of the above consoles (GameCube, PS2, Xbox) but don't know which one. Can someone/body please help me out???

Btw, I like action games but don't really want to spend too much money on games and accessories every week.

Which one to get??? 15 votes

Get the PS2, It has GTA ffs!
    0% 0 votes
    Get the Xbox, I need say only one word... HALO
    26% 4 votes
    Get the GameCube, Relatively cheap and some good games
    53% 8 votes
    Stop making me use my brain
    20% 3 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Well ive got PC and xbox,my brother has PC,xbox and PS2.

I play PC 95% of the time the rest going on Halo when i link up with friends.Apart from that xbox has little going for it.

My brother is in the process of selling his 2 week old xbox as it is just sitting there,he too plays PC mostly but also his PS2.
    Id go for a PS2 ,a games console needs games and thats exactly what PS2 has in bucketloads of great games.
    Anything my friends and i have played on xbox was poor apart from Halo multiplayer.

I can think of many great games for PS2 ,Pro evo soccer 2.MGS2,Grand theft auto and vice city,the list goes on.
    If it wasnt for my PC id be getting rid of my xbox in favour of a PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

If that XBox + JSRF, Sega GT, Halo and Spliner Cell for £199 (Just over €300) bundle deal is going to available over here, I'd say go for that. None of the games are bad, and two of them have been receiving great reviews from the press.

Its lineup is also chock full of generic action games, so that might appeal to you. And, you don't need to buy a memory card. But if your hands don't resemble those of a space mutant you may want to go for a smaller joypad!

If that offer isn't available here, go for the PS2. GTAIII and Vice City could literally keep you busy until next Christmas. And there's always the platinum label where you can pick up some great games on the cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

why buy a ps2 for gta 3, when you can get it for your pc
    though ICO looks mouth-watering

HALO but thats coming to pc too, xbox isn't showing the software yet, fable looks sweet though as for B.C. (we love you moly)

get an american gamecube and you have a choice of all these titles - pure quality

Mario Sunshine
    Metroid Prime
    Starfox
    Super Smash Brothers Melee
    Resident Evil 0
    Zelda
    Waverace
    Super Monkey Ball
    Animal Crossing
    Eternal Darkness
    Pikmin

next year

F-Zero X
    1080 snowboarding
    Donkey Kong
    Starfox - namco version
    Final Fantasy
    Mario Kart , golf and tennis

5 exclusive capcom games too

killer 7
    project no.3
    viewtiful joe
    resident evil 4
    dead pheonix

as well as the other cross format games, timesplitters 2, burnout series etc..

i'm not a fanboy and not starting a flame war, but those titles speak for themselves, if you're not tempted by gc, i would choose an xbox if you're tempted by the LIVE, do you have broadband ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by theciscokid
    i'm not a fanboy and not starting a flame war, but those titles speak for themselves, if you're not tempted by gc, i would choose an xbox if you're tempted by the LIVE, do you have broadband ?

If you do not have a PS2, it’s the best choice, the main reason being the amount of games.

As for XBox Live, there are currently no plans for XBox Live in Ireland, this is what I got when I asked about XBox Live here...

"We do not have broadband yet. Microsoft is committed to continuing the development of broadband partnerships in Europe for Xbox and plans to make additional announcements regarding the March launch countries over the coming months."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

i heard that too monument but i also heard that isp permitting something can be worked out, dunno how , but how hard can it be to work something through to the offical services of btopenworld and ntl with live,

hope they sort something out,

apparently, there was 135 xbox live kits sold in britain in the first week which isn't alot but its surely a start :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement