Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Msn Messenger

• 22-11-2002 8:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Not sure where to post this but anyways.....

Does anyone know if they ban you from msn messenger (them being ms). I had something that changed my name alot now I cant get onto my account but I can log into other accounts no prob.

The account still actually exists

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Are you able to log into your email account, and just not msn?
    btw, the MS apps forum is the spot :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I think there are some certain words you can't use in your screen name, won't let you logon with "billgatesblowsdonkeys" etc, try changing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I can log into the mail account no problem. There is a huge list of banned words in your name but at the moment I dont have any of them.

Also if it was one I couldnt log in and change it anyways :) But I'm sure its not the current name.

I can log in now but all my contacts are gone!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

sounds strange, dont want to jump to any conclusions but is it possible that someone has access to you account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Something similar happened to me about 3 months ago - couldn't log in with MSN messgenger.

Logged in with everybuddy under Linux, then lost all my contacts!

Tried MSN under windows, could now log in, but all my contacts were gone...

It's not to bad my contacts were all lost but if any of them log on while I'm online it add's them automatically.

But the ban list was wiped clean

Advertisement