Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ungrateful Hoors ;) - board request

• 22-11-2002 9:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭

Unless the "invitation" to join the boards.ie hegemony has been accepted by "Irish Military Online" or an acceptable agreement has been reached between the respective managements, is this thread a bit of blatant pimping http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71026

Section: Community
    Board Name: Militaria
    Description: Sane discussion of military topics
    Private Y/N: N
    vB code:ON
    Smilies: ON
    [IMG]code: OFF[/img]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

maybe the mlitary should invest in better armored vehicles rather than blowing a large portiojn of their limited budget on keeping the executives at €ircon driving lexus cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by Victor
    Section: Community
    Board Name: Militaria
    Description: Sane discussion of military topics
    Private Y/N: N

i endorse this product / service

i like guns.

/me starts twitching ;)

but seriously i think its a good idea. i'm in the FCA and have a huge interest in the Military/weapons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Stick it in opflash. Pretty military orientated people there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Gun bunnies smell of pee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

Nein!
    It will just all end up with people arguing about how this gun can do this and others yelling about how that gun cant do that while this gun can, and probs just end up as a big pile of muppetry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

A board for Victor to post stats and figures about guns?

wow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

/me gives it soggy cabbage of approval

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

I heartily endorse this Product/Service.

/me gives Azezil soggy cabbage up the ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

what an odd remark

at least if nothing else the forum would be a nice collection of Miliatary pics. im easily aroused :D

Originally posted by Gone Shootin

what an odd remark

im easily aroused :D
    DEAR GOD STAY AWEH FROM MEH!!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Make it so......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Azezil, master of the art of Quote Cutting :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Surely theres more focused Bulletin Boards for this type of thing out there.

Here on boards, theres only ever going to be a few pyshcos that get turned on by guns and weapons of mass destructions. Elsewhere on teh intraweb theres loads of places where people gather to rub themselves into a frenzy over gun bore descriptions, military tactics and the like. Maybe its de rigeur to dress up like a nazi while doing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Disinterestingly enough, I had given thought to joining the FCA. I might do that in fact. So in terms of getting objective informaiton a military board of some sort would be useful.

Imagine a load of boards people arriving to the FCA, laptops in hand, prepaired to synflood the enemy and exploit the enemy's version of IIS to deface their websites as a demoralising tactic.

blah blah product service, stolen diamonds.... etc
    Note typos are caused by enemies of the state!

Ah yes the FCA a vital part of 'operation human shield', and are a great substitute for sandbags should the need arise :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Surely theres more focused Bulletin Boards for this type of thing out there.

Here on boards, theres only ever going to be a few pyshcos that get turned on by guns and weapons of mass destructions. Elsewhere on teh intraweb theres loads of places where people gather to rub themselves into a frenzy over gun bore descriptions, military tactics and the like. Maybe its de rigeur to dress up like a nazi while doing it!

Ooh right we only have completely P/C forums here......

E.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by DeadBankClerk
    A board for Victor to post stats and figures about guns? wow!

OMG Marc, put away your teeth!!! And can the rest of ye put your brains in gear - I said [IMG]: Off Well I had said, but I edited the post in the wrong window and .... ahhh f****[/img]
    The histroy behind post was that IMO had hosting / crash issues and were invited to jointhe boards hegemony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well just like PI took a lot of angst away from boards in general and put it into one place where I could ignore it, I think this suggestion has merit.

I'd prefer if the gun lovers masterbated over them in a board that could be easily avoided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

DBC, I call your Atari Jaguar and raise you an Omani Jaguar (or 4)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Geez, who said anything about being a gun lover.... I always thought I was a tree hugger.

You say tomato, I say tomatoe
    bwhahahahahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

loving military strategy/weapons and all i'd say yes but then again military strategy is soooo argued over and can piss a lot of people off.....

chap1, NO TEH FN IS BEST!
    chap2, FU

chap1, germany shouldnt have attacked france in WWI
    chap2, OH YOU ARE SO WRONG!!!!!!

but i'm sure Victor can handle it!
    me approves!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

/me approves

/me sends corega to said board

Advertisement