Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls playing video games

Options
  • 23-11-2002 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭

This is not a sexist post. I just want to know is there that many girls out there playing computer games. I, personally dont know any. The girls I know are interested in going out and the usual stuff just like me, but the majority of girls dont seem to play games. Any thoughts on this especially the girls!!!

Petes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
    petes! you know what you've started now dont ya?!?! DONT YA?!?!?!?! there'rs gonna be a big massive debate now about "girl gamers".....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

just curious but kind of knew it would start something

Petes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Is there a card for this type of thing?

PSP then?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Apparently the proportion of females playing games compared to all females with internet access is higher than that for males. It's just that they aren't testosterone driven freaks that like to LAN for 48 hours in a row and kill there mates as much as possible in that time (BTW have u smelt what the room is like during a LAN?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mishmish

heh, well, not really, but my username is nudemichelle! um.. right... I lurve pc games, and ps2 games and stuff(namely Final Fantasy, the sims, other sim stuff, Return to Castle wolfenstein, age of empires 2, counterstrike, etc)... I haven't done a LAN night or whatever, but it sounds like fun, and I might do one this December :]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

PH33ER TEH SE1KSEY mishmish(blonde/green hair)

1.jpg

My GF owns at Maria Kart 64 tbh, and to a lesser extent Goldeneye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by petes
    This is not a sexist post. I just want to know is there that many girls out there playing computer games.
    Women don't need the computers ... they already spend their entire lives playing games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Heh.... I know quite a few girls who I'd describe as hardcore gamers (not online PC games or any of that rubbish - but they're very into console games like FPSs or action titles which would generally be considered boys territory). Beyond that, I know a hell of a lot more who really love certain types of games - puzzle games and japanese RPGs tend to be favourites. There are millions of scary Final Fantasy fangirls out there... And worryingly, quite a lot of them are drawing homoerotic artwork of Cloud and Sephiroth or Tidus and Auron. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

my gf loves HWGUY on TFC [for obvious reasons]

also loves to drive round the streets of GTA3. no missions, no money, just drive :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

My wife loves platform games go the Snes Rom pack a while ago and have to beat her off the PC now.

We play "man for man" on nearly all the platformers.

Tho i dug out the N64 a while ago and Golf Tennis MK4 and Iss .
    Owned her on them :)

KdjaC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Oui, mon ami, je suis femme.

I play games, both singeplayer, online and at LANs.
    Mostly FPS. I'd play RPGs aswell but they're very time consuming so lately I've just had time for the odd jump-in-and-shoot-people game.

I agree though there aren't many gamer girls out there, especially in Ireland. The majority of the girls I come across are more of the shopping/drinking/shouting annoying types. Everyone knows them :(
    The danger with gamer girls is quite a few of them turn into pseudo-guys. You can telll by the uber-short hair and lack of boobness.

For the record, I work with computers for a living, overclock, love odd things (horror, manga, sci-fi). And I have boobs. Hurray for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Originally posted by koneko
    For the record, I work with computers for a living, overclock, love odd things (horror, manga, sci-fi). And I have boobs. Hurray for me.

Marry me?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

:D it is definitely refreshing to meet a girl telling every1 that she has boobs.

Fair point all the girls I know do exactly that ie shopping/going out/drinking/shopping and also go shopping regulary.

But lads when was the last time you were out and tried to chat up a girl talking about the ups and downs of online gaming as opposed to lan gaming Think the success rate would be 0% on that one.

Well I for one say "more girls playing games thank you very much"

Petes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There is a big differnce in girls that play pc games and girl gamers. Both my sisters play the sims ( gag vomit) not girl gamers.

I have my own pc , play Rpgs strat and Fps.
    I really like horror/rpg/fps, vampyre, undying, alone in the dark
    res evil, alice.but will settle slogging through morrowwind or playing most sid miers games. oh and Orccraft :)

As for Laning Q2 is better then q3 and Ut is better then quake
    but then again Ut2003 is a pile of crap code.

But given a choice of playing the pc and a real paperplay rpg session with real people and the dice win everytime esp if i am DMing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yeah ive seen the amont of money theads sisters waste on those bloody sims and its uasually the number 1 selling game and i feel the game is aimed at wemon as its like a soap opers aimed at grl gamers! Come on lads how many of out there will put up youre hand and say you baught that game.
    And when i make a house call i get girls asking ma about that bloody game!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I know of a few girl CS players online (and one firearms player, yay). The 2 CS players kick me ar*e at it aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

grand theft auto 3 & vice city are favourites of mine and tomb raider 2 & 3.
    Myself and another female friend have sat for hours playing worms, but that's probably because we were too lazy or broke to go shopping. ;)

(and no, I don't have uber short hair and a lack of boobness)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

When chatting up women, be sure they are gamers before asking them about their pings!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by spooky donkey
    yeah ive seen the amont of money theads sisters waste on those bloody sims and its uasually the number 1 selling game and i feel the game is aimed at wemon as its like a soap opers aimed at grl gamers! Come on lads how many of out there will put up youre hand and say you baught that game.

I have to admit to having played it but can truthfully say I didn't buy it. Got really bored with it quickly. Ended up spending an hour trying to get the two roomies to get a little more friendly. Things didn't work out, they ended up hating each other (well, one ended up hating the other), uninstalled. All over now - back to normal proper gaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

sorry to hijack the post but whats wrong with the 'sims' ? It teaches a social problem such as myself to interact with the other characters of the great game of life, you and she there and me all in a mix of a midifile looping away and just tell me what to do and when to do it, oh yes 'the sims' represent life, but not as we know it...(i know i know..the drugs)

• Advertisement

Spooky Donkey,

Very good point. Sims are a lot like soap operas.
    It's just puzzling why they're releasing more and more add-ons for it all the time. I mean, I played it sure, everyone did. You play it for an hour, get bored, start trapping the pizza guy between chairs to kill him.

Sico, maybe some other time. Little busy today ;)

Yay, rachel, join our club. Someday we'll rule the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Spooky Donkey,
    I mean, I played it sure, everyone did.

I didn't. I'm too cool for the sims. I'm so cool people come up to me and tell me how cool I am all the time. I'd outcool the next coolest guy on the coolingest day of his life.

On the subject of female gamers ban them all I say. From everything.

.logic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There aren't a lot of girl gamers in ireland compared to the rest of the world. I once got absolutely thrashed at mortal kombat 2 and killer instinct by an obsessive girl gamer, which was weird. Got her back though when we started on street fighter 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

mention of street fighter reminds me of myself and a friend hustling guys to play against us in the fun factory and beating them at street fighter. :D
    That brings back memories.

Originally posted by logic1
    I didn't. I'm too cool for the sims. I'm so cool people come up to me and tell me how cool I am all the time. I'd outcool the next coolest guy on the coolingest day of his life.

If you were really cool you wouldn't need to tell anyone. Ha. You're so uncool :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

If you were really cool you wouldn't need to tell anyone. Ha. You're so uncool :rolleyes:

No. That's so not true. YOU WOULDN'T CAUSE UNDERSTAND YOU'RE A GIRL!

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Right, now we've established Logic1's absence of cool, can we get back on topic, and keep the "flirting" to afterhours or something?

Cheers :)

You're just jealous. Fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I'll temp ban you Koneko... boobies and all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

It's just puzzling why they're releasing more and more add-ons for it all the time. I mean, I played it sure, everyone did. You play it for an hour, get bored, start trapping the pizza guy between chairs to kill him.

all the girl gamers must of kept buying the add-ons :)

I played it for about a week and never sense

Advertisement