Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question regarding limitations of adsl

Options
  • 23-11-2002 2:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

In a previous post Muck metion that a isdn line has a limit to 3.5 miles or 17500 feet from your exchange which I think is in and around the ball park of adsl?.
    My question is this if you do have a isdn line in which means for it to work there can be not dac's boxes on it and you have to be with in xxx range of your local exchange, and from the new year eircom/Esat will have the software to check digital lines for adsl suitability with out downgrading you first back to pstn.So what other equations can come into it to stop your line passing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Just general crappy maintenance of the lines.

[Nets/Comms?]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭crazyasafox

But Pie I thought isdn and adsl had the same sort of limits/restrictions so if you can get one to work the other should too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

max distance adsl = 3.5 km isdn = 5.5 km
    afaik a line that works for isdn can still fail the test for adsl even if its with in max distance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

In the UK, BT quote 5.5km for their ADSL offering. Now this may be RADSL, but I see no reason why it should be less in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

yup 5.5 km is for radsl i dont think eircom or esat have any plans to intraduce radsl yet

• Advertisement
Advertisement