Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thinkmundane.com

Options
  • 23-11-2002 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there,

Check out the new on-line magazine www.thinkmundane.com. It's an independent magazine run on a voluntary basis. It's aimed at DCU students (who are renowned for being ...hmmmnn...boring, serious, boggers etc..) and anyone else who wants to read a publication that doesn't take itself seriously.

Any feedback - good, bad or indifferent is always welcome.

auntagatha@thinkmundane.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Morn

A little up and down and very DCU orientated but that article about Emma whatever her name is was downright hilarious!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Phantom Peeps.
    This is your board and I rarely get involved but if you consider this spam I am more then happy to drop on this person from a height. Feel free to delete, ban or set me on them.

Its your call mods and members, but I hate this sort of thing on Boards.ie

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hiya DeV,

Im normally with you but Ive made an exception for thinkmundane.com. Ive been seeking Aunt Agathas advice on my falling over tables when I try to talk to girls problem, so in return Ive allowed her to plug the site on here.

Jaysus, you know, maybe I should be discussing this on the personal issues board!

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 aunt agatha

Hi

Aunt Agatha here to apologise for spam - didn't want to annoy anyone - we don't have any adverts/sponsors on the site so we're not looking for hits for that reason - just wanted to let people know it's out there on the off chance you might get a laugh off it....?!

Coincidentally, I will be dealing with "Falling over tables trying to talk to girls" in an upcoming issue - some very useful tips and tricks.....

Agatha

Good stuff,

I look forward to that. My letters to problem pages the world over will finally be dealt with!

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Humour...

It is a difficult concept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

ah pete.

ooh ohh I saw t-shirts yesterday with Roxy on them and they looked really nice but see t-shirts made for the general female population are always slightly too short for this Roxy. Especially in winter! It's a dreadful problem inherent in the system. When will they learn that some people are tall and have long bodies, eh? when? so I didn't buy the godam tshirt.

I can't figure out if it would've been really sad or really cool....:(

Roxy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭startled_frog

Could you help me too???
    Not only do I fall over tables, I fall over chairs and fall off walls and run away when I see Pete Reed coming down the corridor. I'm shy.

Karen.

Think its definitely time for a support group here. And at the first meeting Im dying to hear about you falling off walls Startled Frog, even I havent managed that one yet! Give it time though :-)

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭startled_frog

Well, I would have told you about it on friday in the corridor but I had just walked into a door. It wasn't a good time, but I will tell you about it at the meeting. Thanks for your support.

Karen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

is the imginary canteen massacare just a complete copy of ww.theonion.com's take on "11 dead in imginary kwik e store massacare"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Lil'MissGiggles

Originally posted by Amz
    Raggamuffin is a eunuch.... i know someone who is unfortunate enough to posess photographic evidence of such! He participated in a zoological study in UCD about 2 months ago with some post grad students and some of the documentation got into the public domain so if anyone wants a peek i can arrange to have a copy sent to them for a price

Both of these people need help!!!! Aunt Agetha i dunno if this is ur domain but please!!!

Is a eunuch a person?

Maybe you can answer that one for us too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

How dare you suggest that eunuchs are not humans! What a heartless thing to say.

Certainly (or Certes, as the French would have us say), eunuchs are real humans and should not hide away! Unite! Be proud that there are certain unpleasant diseases that you cannot catch! Show the world what eunuchs are made of! Hoo-hah let's do this thing!! Well I don't mean "let's" as in the contraction of “let us” because I mean, I've got nothing to do with the issue, really, eh, that is to say that I support eunuchs in they're quest for, eh, equal, erm, I wouldn’t go out with a eunuch personally, umm but that’s not to say that, y’know

Must dash,
    Roxy

Incidentally, I think the magazine thingy above was a little mean to Spin FM DJs. I'm being deadly serious. Saying that they're all there for the glamour is a little loaded. I know some, well we're talking two really, who have given it so much effort and have worked their way up from nothing to get where they are and actually get paid for doing what they love doing. So I say, boo!! down with sweeping generalisations!!

Now, who’s up for some jumped-up-Southside twat-bashing. They're all suvh twats. No? Don’t like fighting? Diagnosis: Blouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Well there's a lot to be said about raggamuffin's eunuch status

Particularly the fact that all of us em....... laydeeeeez are perfectly safe around him......

Well yeah...... i know......thats not really the real reason why we're so safe around him, but i guess in my own little way i was trying to be supportive......

Go Raggamuffin!!

BTW how's thar application to join the castrati comin along?

You'd wanna get practicing if you hope to get in before they renew their existing members I hear little Sergio is nearly thirteen and his voice wavered the other day....although from your point of view this could be a good thing....

OK im done....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Sir

To be honest it's hermaphrodites that im more worried about. In Ireland there one in every eight people is a hermaphrodite just FYI.

The castrati: Thats the choir in Italy where all the members are sopranos in the past they used to castrate the boys so that they would retain their hight pitched voices. These days they just get rid of the boyz when their voices break. Glad to hear there's a strong interest here in ireland.

Good luck with that Raggamuffin

hehe yeah!

i was afraid i was goin to have to explain what the castrati were but thanks for that i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Morn

According to my music lecturer, the castrati were actually very popular with the ladies - due to no risk of pregnancy...

So I'd be careful if I were you Amz ;)

Nah im grand I've no worries where Raggamuffin is concerned

But thanks for the warning!

Although he is a bit vicious with a golf umbrella....

Advertisement