Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low-ambassador, jan 31st,2003

Options
  • 23-11-2002 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭

just thought i'd let any fans who didnt see this in the live bands thread know about it.

i cannot wait, i got excited thiking about it just yesterday.
    my only worry is that the sound in the ambassador will not do them justice, ive heard many bands being butchered in there before. i discovered the reason for there poor quality-its due to the bars being in the theatre, the noise of the bars affects the level the sound has to be on to drown it out, or something like that.

o sleep-if youre wondering where youre tape is, i havent sent it off yet coz i got yet another low album (long division) so i'll record that for you 2.

anybody out there got the low single-last night i dreamt somebody loved me (cover of the smiths origninal). im trying to get my hands on as much of their stuff as i have, i currently have:
    i could live in hope
    long division
    secret name
    things we lost in the fire
    trust
    and the dirty 3 ep, in the fishtank

if anyone has any other of their stuff and would like to do a swap, let me know!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Morn

I saw Hundred Reasons in the Ambassador - great band - fantastic performance, but you could hardly make out one note clearly - the sound was just messed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

when and where did you here this?? not that i'm complaining, this is great news. i have to agree with you about the ambassador: i haven't heard one band who played there sound in any way passable. but oh well. as for the single: i saw it in freebird a week or two back, and in road ages ago but i think it's gone. i would've bought it, but i've only just gotten me a job, so it'll have to wait until at least next week. and re the tape: i sent you a mail, so you can ignore that. and thanks for recording all the stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

I saw Sigur Ros in the ambassador. Nuff said. greastest gig of my life so i cant relate. But if it butchers Low, i will burn the place down.

Will be an amazing gig.

66e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i heard this from kurdt, and then used to website to back it up, its not included on the website's tourdates just yet, but there's a link there that does verify it

better get me to freebird soon then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

it's true, and i think we're the support
    tickets are 25 euro.
    sound for sigur ros was amazing so should be grand for low

• Advertisement

*seethes with jealousy*

well, congrats anyway. how did u come by that slot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

by being deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭joss

Cocky divil.
    We did a cover of Just Like Christmas for a comp that Low heard, thedrowner.
    And I played saw with them a little before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Jim Daniels

Originally posted by joss
    Cocky divil.
    We did a cover of Just Like Christmas for a comp that Low heard, thedrowner.
    And I played saw with them a little before.

Ah, Just Like Christmas is one of my favoutite songs. Its a happy little thing. I could listen to her all day. Rumours that Steve Albini slightly speeded up Mimi's voice while recording the track are scurrilous but fun..

Anyway, I heard a Low track recently on Xfm where she was singing "Can I Hold It for a Week.." or words to that effect.
    Twas lovely. Anybody know what she wants to hold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

her new baby? maybe she's gotten over the whole keeping him/her/it in metal so as that it will never grow ever (and probably die too).

• Advertisement

yeah, some of the lyrics are a bit weird arent they

does anyone think that the track 'i am the lamb' (from trust) yer man has a sore throat?
    dont know why, but that lyric sounds like it comes from i could live in hope, but none of the songs spring to mind. in fact none of their songs spring to mind. maybe its on the curtain hits the cast (does anyone out there have that?????)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭joss

That song is The Plan from Curtain Hits The Cast.
    I assumed it was about a baby, but it's from before they had their own. Hmm.
    First heard I Am The Lamb in the dark at 3am one night and was actually afraid.

its my fave song on the album, its just so powerful. the words are a bit weird, i think it may have something to do with Jesus ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

i only listen to that album at night when i'm
    dozing off and i aways wake up towards the end of that
    bloody lamb track. it freaks me out

Advertisement