Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Patrick's Street

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

you know what they should really do..resurface every single road in the county.

has anyone ever driven around the mercy, oh sweet lord the suspension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭zz03

Originally posted by solice
    has anyone ever driven around the mercy, oh sweet lord the suspension.

Virtually every street / road in Cork is a mess because of crap reinstatement work by contractors.

Example - N22 Western Road - most of which was dug up for "drainage" work. Project costing hundreds of millions. Road left in a shambles afterwards. Yet another contractor will have to be paid another hundred million to sort out the mess. If it ever gets done. Meanwhile Irish motorists get 25% less kms per set of tyres than any other motorist group in the EU and most are driving with tracking problems which are a safety risk because of pothole damage to their vehicles.

The N25 in the Silver Springs Tivoli area was re-surfaced after the Lee Tunnel opened. The road surface is back to a pot hole shambles a few years after the work was done. It is far more cost efficient to stay on top of even minor road damage and this strategy provides a superior service to the customer.

Yet another version of public waste in Ireland. Not dissimilar to the capital city where it seems to cost almost a billion per km to install a tram...

Never before has a country had so much money to spend and got so little or nothing in return for it!

zz..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭zz03

Originally posted by super_canard
    Well everytime I go on patrick street... i try to avoid looking at these ugly things...
    Looks kinda like a Football stadium light stuff really... (and damn I hate sport...!)
    the streer (pavement etc) on the other hand looks pretty neat...

I ain't from ireland (in case still don't know), what's about northisders, southsiders, and what the Hell is that S on the front???:ninja:

As far as I can see, there are a number of problems with the lighting:

1) They are too "square" - there are no rounded edges which can give an otherwise ugly thing a bit of elegance;

2) There are no trees. Lots of trees and greenery can hide a multitude of sins on a street.

3) Only a handful of the lighting installations have been put in place. The design is heavily reliant on symmetry.

zz..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement