Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool crash and burn...

• 23-11-2002 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Its nearly half-time and Fulham are two up....:(

Alan Brazil has just said there's a rumour doing the rounds that Houllier will quit at the end of the season to be replaced by O'Leary...Jesus Christ! :mad:

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by mike65
    Alan Brazil has just said there's a rumour doing the rounds that Houllier will quit at the end of the season to be replaced by O'Leary...Jesus Christ!

Ah bolloxs. O'Leary?
    ffs

Houllier wont go.

damn fulham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

O' Leary is sh1t. He won't get the pool kob, what am I saying, there is no job at the pool. houllier won't go. He's too close to winning a major trophy. liverpool slipped up today but Arsenal did too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

If Houllier bottles Liverpool's chance to take more of a lead in the Premiership, he'll go. I cant see him being kicked out however. True, Arsenal have slipped up, but Liverpool could be on a 7 or 6 point lead, and that's pretty bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Man u close to 6 points.

Makes for a cracker of a match at Anfield next week.
    Man u could go within 3 of l'pool or will l'pool pull away a bit.

I for one am really looking forward to it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Todays results certainly make the league more interesting, Southampton for UEFA cup next season, anyone?

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

The pool really need to sor something out next week. It's a bad time of year to be having a bad streak with three tough games coming before the end of the year but on the other hand it might push them that bit further knowing that they have a tough lineup. I think Utd will be a close game. Then there's Everton and Arsenal the last week of the year and nobody knows what to expect from Everton lately.

Everton for a champions league spot anyone? ;)

Here's a horror thought - If Liverpool loose thier next game and Everton win they'll go second! When was Liverpool last behind the Toffees in the Premiership?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The Man Utd game may be exactly what we need right now.
    If we win it, then confidence will rise and well we will put more distance between us and them.
    If we lose. Well. That'll be what? 1 point from the last 4 games? Something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by jonno
    Then there's Everton and Arsenal the last week of the year and nobody knows what to expect from Everton lately.

Steady on, its not even christmas yet. As good a job as Moyes is doing, i dont think its realistic to expect them to be up there at the end of the season. Im not saying that the game will be vital to arsenal, but its not going to be for everton :)

(jaysus, could live to regret that yet :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I think we should play with two up front rather than having heskey on the wing. Also henchoz will be back for the Utd i game i hear plus liverpool have won the last 7 meetings of the pool versus Utd.

So here is hoping for another liverpool win with murphy scoring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Depends which United turn up. If they play like they did against Newcastle I think they will beat Liverpool, but they have not turned in many good performance this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Depends which United turn up. If they play like they did against Newcastle I think they will beat Liverpool, but they have not turned in many good performance this season.

if liverpool defend the way Newcastle didnt :) then they will lsoe but they aint that bad at the back and UTd are.

UTD can easily beat teams with bad defence cos they can outscore them but cant see Utd beatin liverpool or Arsenal both are too good at the back.

Where is Utd are crap at the back poor John o Shea is getting caught out as a right back and he is a center back hope his confidence doesnt drop .

kdajC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

i doubt it will.
    hes a much better right back that gary neville :x

hes playing really well, why would it drop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Kept giving the ball away ,caught out of position when on the right.

His last 2 games at right back hes been exposed.

KdjaC

Players are always going to give the ball away. I think the only mistake O shea has made was letting Bernards first attempted cross hit him in the face and that was just unlucky. Actually, bar Bellamy's headed goal at the end I thought United defended very well in the match. Newcastles only shots on goal were an unstoppable free kick, given away by a striker back defending, and a total fluke. Unfortunately for United both went in but maybe next week the luck will be with them. Craig Bellamy's goal should never have happened. As regards Liverpools and Arsenals defences, United are nto the only team to have conceded three goals this wekend, but they are the only team of the three to do it against top four oppisition so I would not be all that confident, especially seeing as Arsenal are without Vierra and Sol Campbell for the united game now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

As a Fulham fan can I just say :D:D:D:D:p:)

Sorry Liverpool fans but it's always nice to beat one of the big guns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

no probs the FanJ u deserve it

ah well at least the gooners lost aswell although how did viera not score one of thse three chances????

Some great goalkeeping by Neimi there alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

And as usual Wenger has blamed the referee, when his players could and should have done the job. As for the Pool, well hopefully that is their blip for this season, tough game next week but I think that with Henchoz back and Heskey ta feck away from that wing, L'pool could win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭SteM

I don't understand where all this talk of United having a dodgy defense comes from. At home they've conceded 6, that's 1 less than Arsenal and 1 more that Liverpool. Away, conceded 1 more than Arsenal and 2 more than Liverpool.

That's hardly disasterous defending - last season yes but so far this season no. In fact it's their goal scoring that's let them down most in the Premiership this year and it looks like that could be improving.

Liverpool may be in for a shock this weekend.

• Advertisement

As for the Pool, well hopefully that is their blip for this season

Bloody Manager of the Month syndrome strikes again!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

What a goal by Didi though. Contender for goal of the season already imho.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I think the way houllier is publicly "slapping" his players is very poor management. First Gerard and now Dudek. Notice he did not do the same to owen when he was in a dip.
    This cannot help players when there manager does not publicly defend them, regardless of the situation.
    Dudek was the cause of one of their goals but he is not performing that bad to actually drop him.

Hopefully United will help[ deepen his confidence crisis on saturday. I must confess I do not understand how he can have looked so awful for Poland in the World Cup, but both before and after the World Cup look World Class for Liverpool.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

He is a class keeper, speaking out about his performance does nothing for him or the teams confidence in him.

By this stage we should have shot that bald git we have in goal.

As for Sunday still reckon we will get 2 shades of blue kicked out of us. Will end 3-1 to scousers

ever the optimist eh yop????

anyway yeah i reckon that is it for the pool and their bad run this season so hopefully they can hammer united on sunday again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Waylander
    Hopefully United will help[ deepen his confidence crisis on saturday. I must confess I do not understand how he can have looked so awful for Poland in the World Cup, but both before and after the World Cup look World Class for Liverpool.

When in goal for Liverpool he also has two excellent centre backs, Hyypia and Henchoz (usually) in front of him. For Poland, he doesn't.

yep exactly and he hasn't had henchoz there for the last few weeks hence a couple of mistakes because of more work for him to do - it was the same with barthez last season and given this season

Advertisement