Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Display properties problem

• 23-11-2002 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

I installed windows 2000 on my laptop the other night
    and I have really just sat down now and tested it but the Proplem is
    my system will only allow me to use 16 colours in dispaly
    properties

How can i get all my colour on my Laptop

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i would assume win2k dont have any drivers for you gfx card. go into device manager -> display adapter. that should tell you the make and model of your card. whack the names into google and dl the drivers from the company website that appears. bob's your uncle high resolution and true colour desktops are your now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    i would assume win2k dont have any drivers for you gfx card.

This is a correct assumption in this case.
    go into device manager -> display adapter. that should tell you the make and model of your card.
    Nope it wont.. It will tell you that it's a Standard Display Adapter, because no Driver is installed...
    whack the names into google and dl the drivers from the company website that appears. bob's your uncle high resolution and true colour desktops are your now.

Best bet is to go to the manufacturers website of the laptop, and look for the Video Driver (sometimes called Display Driver) using the laptops model number.
    Alternatively If you have any of the manufacturers CD's that the laptop was shipped with it may be on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Nope it wont.. It will tell you that it's a Standard Display Adapter, because no Driver is installed...

Correct son.

Now let that be a lesson to you all. never attempt any kind of tech support with a low blood sugar content. always keep a bottle of lucozade or other isotonic sports drink with you at all times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

It's quite a good idea to get all the relevant drivers for your hardware before you install a new operating system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Hi Guys Thanks for all your help I have it sorted now
    never again my head was wrecked

Declan

• Advertisement
Advertisement