Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning to all users of this board - READ

Options
  • 23-11-2002 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Earlier I had to delete a thread with a poll asking if a certain member of boards should be banned from the Politics board. This was way out of order.

If you feel that someone is abusing the spirit of this board or is personalising the arguement then the moderators expect to see a PM or Email from you informing them of this. WE DO NOT EXPECT TO SEE A THREAD ASKING IF SOMEONE IS SUITABLE TO POST TO APPEAR HERE.

The person that posted this poll has been warned. If I see anything else like this on the Politics board again I will ban the user who posted it permanently.

Gandalf.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I have no problem admitted it was me and perhaps I did step over the line, but in saying that, I was expressing my (and that of others) pent up anger / disgust / frustration regarding a persistent flamer / baiter / ignoramus on this board. When I last checked boards the poll was going 3:1 against that person.

I'll not do it again, but will use other means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

"Fight, fight, fight!" :D

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Ooooo, which one was it? I bet it was..... oh right the banning thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Biffa Bacon

I know bonkey can get on a lot of people's tits sometimes, heck even mine, but calling him a flamer / baiter / ignoramus is a bit unfair. After all he is a mod, it's not his job to be popular.

Personally, I try to engage him in debate and challenge his views in a calm, reasonable manner. I find it gets results more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Amusing and all though this is, I'm gonna make another of those unpopuar, debate-killing, thread-locking moves here on the shaky grounds of none of this thread being in any way relevant to the forum....except the initial warning.

Naturally, this is really because I'm too scared to get into a rational discussion with Biffa, and cause I like being unpopular.

jc

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement