Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

View Askew

Options
  • 23-11-2002 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭

Right, well I guess I'm going to have to start randomly ranting again seen as ye lot have fallen all quiet :)

Well this week was "view askew week" for myself and some of my friends.

I had never sampled the delight before and aftering having watched all the movies in a week.... well it's been enlightening :)

For those of you who don't know who/want "View Askew" are, well they produce these movies:

* Clerks
    * Mallrats
    * Chasing Amy
    * Dogma
    * Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

Well I must admit that i was mightly impressed :) It's all about continuity....

so what are people's favourite movies and why? :)

Mine is Dogma, for the simple sake that it's an incredibly intellectual film covered over by Kevin Smith's fantastic sense of humour :)

<< Fio >>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

oooh! that sounds happy. they are most fantasmical movies so they are. that's a good idea to watch them all in a week actually, i've done that with movies such as star wars and austin powers and we watched the whole of the tv series of pride and predudice in a day once. it took about six hours. :eek:

i myself am quite partial to the godfather. and dog day afternoon, that was a brilliant film. i don't know, i can never think of these things on demand...

the hats can't have green hands, that wasn't the point of the thing, whatever it was. it wasn't that anyway. what am i talking about? :confused: yeah..
    sHep :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Mallrats, hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by shep the malevolent pixie
    oooh! that sounds happy. they are most fantasmical movies so they are. that's a good idea to watch them all in a week actually, i've done that with movies such as star wars and austin powers and we watched the whole of the tv series of pride and predudice in a day once. it took about six hours. :eek:

Yeah next on the cards is 24. ie watching all 24 eppisodes (one hour long each) in one day :)

should be fun.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

And they say college involves work :P
    I'm not sure which would be my pick... Just got Jay and Silent Bob strike back yesterday..not too bad..Gotta love the rap at the start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Kevin Smith, is it? Mallrats has gotta be my own favourite, though I've yet to see Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. It'll be interesting to see if they can maintain their charm for a full film...

Oh, anyone else think Chasing Amy was pretty poo? Not bad, not at all, just relatively poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Definitely the strangest movie I'm ever going to see of my own free will

Originally posted by smiles
    Yeah next on the cards is 24. ie watching all 24 eppisodes (one hour long each) in one day :)

should be fun.
    yaay, sleep deprivation! :p that should be pretty entertaining all right. you're gonna need a lot of coffee....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by shep the malevolent pixie
    yaay, sleep deprivation! :p that should be pretty entertaining all right. you're gonna need a lot of coffee....

Scary thing is coffee has absolutely no effect on me :)
    Hot Chocolate on the other hand wakes me up! :)

<< Fio >>

Isn't hot chocolate meant to put you to sleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

should be fun.

UL Sci Fi soc (Ten Forward) are planning to do this as a fund-raiser some time soon - dunno if I'd have the staying power to do that now.

Kevin Smith's stuff is pretty priceless alright - I quite liked Dogma and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back - haven't seen clerks yet .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

The unfortunate thing is that a days worth of 24 is not quite 24 hrs. its more like 21 hours 20 minutes. stupid ad breaks. personally mallrats wins for me, simply because i can watch it whatever mood i'm in, whereas Dogma i have to be in a certain mood for, and same with chasing amy. must see clerks.....

Chloe: Dog Day Afternoon is such a good movie!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭stevanavich

yaay, sleep deprivation! that should be pretty entertaining all right. y

during this last halloween break, i went 113 hours with only 9 hours of sleep. and i did this with no aid from caffine related beverages. just goes to show that they are highly over-rated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Thats not that hard, dude. On average I get 'round 3-4 hours of sleep a day....I get up at about 6:30.

And I have a bona fide addiction to caffeine. Oh joy.

hot chocolate eh? i don't actually like coffee. coke works for me though. as in the beverage, not the drug. ;) em...yeah.
    i keep not sleeping til 5 in the morning and then not getting up til around 3 in the afternoon. (my toe's broken so i can't leave the house) existing at night is not as much fun as you might think. :-\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

hmm,i loveloveLOVE hot chocolate.not a huge fan of th'ol' coffee,except for mochas,cos they're hot chocolate with zzZING!sleep is good.

the only one i've seen is dogma,and that's fabtastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

i yotally yotally yotally yotally yotally agree with you on the hot chocolatemocha/ regular cofffee affair qwidgy, and fio, coffee soooo puts me to sleep. i dont know why either. maybe its a chemical imbalance...hmmm....we are a special minority thingamy...we should have a CLUB!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

ME TOO! I don't drink coffee cause i don't like the taste but also cause it makes me extremely drowsy!! :D
    chemical imbalance?! hmm....probably!! :D

Caffeine is so overrated these days. Taurine, now there's something you don't hear enough about!

By the way, I found out today that in large doses, those new 24 mint thingies have a laxative effect. Possibly good information seeing as it's my friend's birthday soon. He won't forget it for a while!

Advertisement