Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How has boardsie changed you ?

• 23-11-2002 10:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭

I would never usually walk up to somebody I have never met in the street and shake hands with them talking about faerie-prostitutes, especially with others about but yest I approached a guy I only know from a picture in yorema and proffered my hand, which he bemusedly shook.

So what if any changes has boardsie made to you ?

Possibly at christmas beer would be a more appropriate way to meet fellow boards members, I think I owe you a pint hoe, if only for the look on your face :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Well for one it opened my mind, as here you get a broad veiw on a matter instead of say a close group of freinds who would share similar veiws causing you to be a close minded fool.

And trolling someone in real life is harder to do than here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 helpmepls

It changed my views on homosexaulity, im not as ignorant as i once was. I feel ashamed when i look back at my old way of thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭yankinlk

discovered the internet isnt all that scary/unfriendly/only used by those loooking for donkey pr0n

anyone ever read someone's post on boards, then realize/suspect you know them in "real life" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I was once a man... Just like you...
    I used to work in a chicken restuarant... Just like you...

But I don't work in a chicken restuarant.

DONT LOOK AT ME!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by El Marco
    Well for one it opened my mind, as here you get a broad veiw on a matter instead of say a close group of freinds who would share similar veiws causing you to be a close minded fool.
    ditto ... and it made me more comfortable with who i am* 0_o

*A spammy whore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I think boards.ie is making my arse look big in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

improved typing skills

ability to spam AC/DC to the entire boards.ie population with the touch of a button [or two]

i know you guys love me !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

It has'nt.

Its just a good community.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

If it weren't for Boards.ie, I'd never have gotten arrested...

That's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Well I met some good friends through Boards , I even got it on with one of them :P

Its not changed me but I get to converse with people who on occassion post some intelligent fragments

It also got me sex, so nice one Boards :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

lots of ways...

1. Reading & replying to threads helped my writing ability along, bringing me from a D3 to a B1 in my LC
    2. I have learnt an thought allot in my time here
    3. I cyber came out on the boards :p
    4. lots of other stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Originally posted by chernobyl
    It has'nt.

Its just a good community.

I agree.. i wouldn't let an internet forum change my life..
    I kno it's powerful and has the ability to lobby companies and get them to reduce prices/provide better services/etc.. but changing your personal life ? I don't think so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Thats bs in all fairness, think of all the things you know know and how you feel about differant issues, now imagine them as you would if you had never visited the boards in your life. It mightn't have made you act differant but your perceptions of things must have changed.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

its used up a bit of my time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Thats bs in all fairness, think of all the things you know know and how you feel about differant issues, now imagine them as you would if you had never visited the boards in your life.
    Well the majority of my posts were on the counter-strike/games/for sale
    board.. and i don't think talking about a game, is gonna change my life dramatically.. or in any way at all.. same applies for selling/buying things..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Thats bs in all fairness, think of all the things you know know and how you feel about differant issues, now imagine them as you would if you had never visited the boards in your life. It mightn't have made you act differant but your perceptions of things must have changed.

I don't think boards.ie, or anything I've read on it has changed my opinions. Enjoyable sure, but its not something that has "changed" me into anything other than what I was pre-boards

Quite frankly, if boards.ie hasn't changed your life drastically, you're using it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Its tripled my phone bill. Goddamnit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It's made me a sad, bitter individual with an internet addiction ... oh it hasn't changed me then ... other than knowing what it's like to be groped by amp .... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

boards changed me by given me more friends (lot of enemy's) And also thick skin.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=14632

(HANDS ON FACE)
    wtf was I thinking

• Advertisement

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    Quite frankly, if boards.ie hasn't changed your life drastically, you're using it wrong.

Quite frankly, if you can't change your life drastically on your own, you're doing something wrong. :p

It's just a web site. It's just a community. It just happens to be a very very good one.

Gerroverit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

but has given people to come togeter and get drunk. But I'm not sad loser who stays in at the weekends

[edit]ahhh, the good old edit - Luc :)[/edit]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Originally posted by #MEAT#
    but has given people to come togeter and get dunk.

Yea...we all love getting dunk. :D

Originally posted by Bard
    Quite frankly, if you can't change your life drastically on your own, you're doing something wrong. :p

No, I think I'm doing it pretty well.
    Hence not needing to change it drastically...

Wait...
    I need to change things drastically now, where's the plastic surgeon?

btw, this is no joke, I want a nose job, I hate my nose.

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    No, I think I'm doing it pretty well.
    Hence not needing to change it drastically...

... pff... you're the one who's bitching on IRC about needing a girlfriend ...

Advertisement