Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good ISDN Adapters??

• 24-11-2002 2:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Any 1 wanna recommended any good ISDN Adapters for 128k?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Asuscom isdnlink or eicon diva pro. The asus is cheaper usually so you should probably go for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

This is teh one i have.
    Get 40ish ping in Counter-Strike on 64k :D

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_ISDN_Cards___Modems_50.html

The top one on that page :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Stick with either of the two models Gerry recommended.
    I have the Eicon Diva, and it's head and shoulders above the Genius model I use in work.

Yeah I managed to get an eicon diva pro 2.0 a long time ago for 50 quid, and its a fantastic piece of kit. Brand new it would cost over €100 I think. The standard eicon diva goes for about €70 now, the asus for perhaps €30 - 40.
    Opinion is divided as to which card is better for games, but its splitting hairs really, they both give excellent pings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Asus USB does bluscreen XP in my experience...

• Advertisement

I should have qualified my recommendation to only include pci cards. I've heard about usb TA's giving trouble, and I would reckon pci will give you slightly more stable ping, and less cpu utilisation as well. Even for a notebook, I'd just buy a pcmcia TA instead, much smaller and less hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

this thread has come up soo many times..
    the quick answer is eicon diva/asuslink 128 :D

Advertisement