Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Review

Options
  • 24-11-2002 1:23pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭

After many many many late nights, I think my new web site is ready to be unleashed on the general public.

Before I let it loose on the world, I'd really appreciate any feedback you guys would be willing to give me.

www.eDate.ie

I'd be especially grateful if anyone could tell me why there's a 1 pixel gap between the header image and the left banner.

Thanks

Graham

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

i presume that you are affiliated in some respect with www.widemouth.com ? as it is the very same design !

if you are, then check out the html on www.widemouth.com for to get rid of your pixel

if not, then SHAME ON YOU :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

thanks Gone Shootin,

well spotted, Widemouth.com is another one of my sites .

I'll be damned if I can find where that damn empty pixel is coming from though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭HappyDude

hey there

nice site...try making the following change to your code:

the table that countains your left navigation - you specified the width as 100%. Try giving it an absolute value - 225 as follows:

<TD vAlign=top align=left
    background="edate - home_files/curve_bg.gif" height=600 width="225">
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="225"

I had a look at it, and this seemed to solve the problem. let me know how you get on..

Quick suggestion - have you considered using graphics instead of the "Enter" and "Clear" buttons? They kind of take from the colors.

Happydude

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Thanks Happy Dude,

that seems to work, just have to apply it to all the pages.

Also taken on board your suggestion of image buttons, working on that now.

Much Appreciated, cheers.

Graham

Advertisement