Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircoms National Prices still crazy after all these years!

Options
  • 24-11-2002 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

saw this link on esatbt.com but it aint working, looks like they are mounting an assault on eircom, anyone know where this article is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

(A bit OT perhaps?)

EsatBT treat the whole island as a local call area. So they will always be cheaper that Eircom for "national" calls. If you make lots of phone calls all over the country, it's well worth changing to EsatBT.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Did you see that tread title on the esat website? Cause I saw it in 2 inch font on a full page ad in the Tribune or Sunday Independant today!! I just love to see Esat sticking the knife in to the rat!!:D

Sure, Esat are doing it for their own benefit, ie to get customers to change telephony provider from Eircom to them by highlighting how much Eircom is ripping them off. It has the added bonus however of maybe getting naive uninformed people to question all the bullsh*t that comes out of the Rats Marketing/PR/Advertising department.

Eg. "Well if they're ripping me off for national calls then maybe they're shafting me on internet charges and maybe they're talking through their arse when they say I shouldn't want broadband and that they cant afford to sell it any cheaper and.........."

Its obviously a direct response to the full page Eircom ads-"NOW 20% CHEAPER BLAH BLah blah" Well now eircom, 20% cheaper than before...Thing is you lot were 30% more expensive than the average national rate in other countries. Now you're only 10% dearer than them....Whopee F*ckin doo!!:D :rolleyes:

They can fool most of the people all of the time but they cant fool some of the people most of the time........did I get that right? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

nope its

"You can fool some of the people all the time, all the people some of the time but you can't fool all the people all the time"

I believe it was Lincoln who said this.

e

• Registered Users Posts: 14,400 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

yeh what they don't say is that they've changed the way their discount schemes apply so you will my bill will go up 20-30 euro a month thanks eircon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Did they change their discount schemes?

How?

They really are the last word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by amen
    nope its

"You can fool some of the people all the time, all the people some of the time but you can't fool all the people all the time"

I believe it was Lincoln who said this.

'Twas indeed Mr Stovepot Hat himself (though it's also been attributed to Phineas T. Barnum).

I'll pop in a Joseph Levine quote though:
    You can fool all the people all the time if the advertising is right and the budget is big enough.

Have my doubts about the veracity of that statement but anyhoo...

Interesting that Eircom are running these adverts just before they supposedly increase charges again in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Amen,

Damn, I hate having to explain a joke or whiticism! Takes the fun out of it:D
    They can fool most of the people all of the time but they cant fool some of the people most of the time........did I get that right?
    I kind of knew already that I didn't have it right. That was the point!:D I adapted it to Eircom. They can fool most of the population all of the time with their marketing bullsh*t but they can't fool some of the people (ie US!) most of the time:D :D
    Didn't know it was 'Honest Abe' that said it though. You have educated me my friend. Thx!:D

Advertisement