Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another damaged disk

• 25-11-2002 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

I have this spare HD and was going to built a Word processing PC my grandparents, any way i formatted and then scandisk'd it,
    Yeah the thing i was just putting windows on and walked off, and an intelligent family member comes over and steals my scoket board!!!!
    When i came back i didn't know what was going on.

Any way the HD which has around 3 Gigs on it, now claims it only has 10 MB for some reason??

If theres a way to fix it i'll do it other wise i'll just buy another one.

Any help is welcomed
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭BogoBot

It may be set to 'type x' in the BIOS, where x is a number 1-40 or so....these settings are present for compatability with legacy devices. Set the IDE channels to AUTO and that might fix it.

Bogobot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

check the bios settings, and if you don't mind losing the data on the disk then debug the drive and it should be ok

21/25

Advertisement