Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Wheeler

Oasis wonderwall is pretty easy.so is Scremager by Therapy and Lucky man by the Verve

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭fitz

To have a musical ear or to play by ear is to be able to just play along without having to read music. To just be able to hear the notes, know what they are, and to just go to the right note naturally, without thinking about it, or having something in front of you to tell you to. Or something like that. You can develop it over time, but you may never develop it. It's just one of those things... And no, I'm not at all suprise at how many people write it off. Too many people don't regard it as important. Their loss. You can hear it when you listen to someone who's "technically" very good. Sounds wooden and unnatural. Listen to someone like Simon Goode (ex-Maryjane) who's currently filling in for the Frames. One of the best guitarists I've ever played with, sounds so natural and effortless....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Sense of humour? <makes swishing motions>

Also a vital tool of the discerning guitarist. Any opportunity to take a frontman down a notch or too :D

:p thank god. I was worried you were going to take my messing seriously and get pissed off as many others have. Fitz... I you're alright y'hear. :D

• Advertisement

...I take music fairly seriously cause I love it, but it's still at it's core got to be fun! You have to take the piss...I've ripped the piss out of everyone I've played with, ever...

Fitz who be thee?

<sigh> i'm a budding musician but everytime i go to learn an instrument something fecks up. But I really just love to sing more. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭stevanavich

no offense sven, but you dont exactly strike me as the singing type... more like a metal-head biker guitarist, complete with a special moshing technique named after you...that would be so cool. and whatever happened to your guitar? please dont say you've given that up too...

I'll have you know i have the voice of an angel. Ask me to sing some jeff buckley, or radiohead, or motorhead, or ... well most things... plus standard rock n' roll wail (although can't hold the highs as long and clear as i'd like).

I'm actually serious btw. Wanna get lessons after my lc.

Tony Fitzpatrick. Engineering instructor during session 2 just gone. If you're into singing, get your voice trained. It's something I need to get done, just to improve my breathing. Kylemore is very good apparently, a friend of mine had her voice trained there, and people rave about her voice...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

yeah does anyone know of like a REALLY simple way of getting voice lessons? cos if it's difficult i can't be arsed. c'mon people who know stuff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Cait

i'd love to get my voice trained....especially just so i could have
    a better range.....hmmmmm.....

(hey tony!! :p )

How's tricks missus? Hope your well...thanks again for the DMB cd, it's great... :D

No easy way to get your voice trained, but look on the web, you'll be able to find stuff on technique I'm sure...

"Sing with you diaphragm, not your lungs..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

I would say yes while ear is needed so is reading which after 12 years of suzuki i prettymuch learned the hard way,

i'm very well indeed. i saw your name on the back of a t-shirt yesterday. very impressive!
    i trust all's well with you....

...yeah, I played a Maryjanes song with the Maryjanes at the tribute to Mic. Binzer and Paul Smith (Kittsers keyboard player) both played on the song aswell. Two drummers. Class. Was a great night, fitting tribute to someone we all miss so much. Mic's family were delighted with how the whole night went, and Chirst is it a bloody good album...

pretty funky indeed. I did only see mic play once, supporting the frames. but it was truly wonderful. and the album kicks ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dera

just don't let them train away any of the natural beauty in the voice .. good to learn to breathe properly though I imagines..

Advertisement