Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buck Rogers

• 25-11-2002 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

Does anyone remember Buck Rogers in the 25th Centuary? The worst dialogue ever and the story was a joke but worth it for one thing and one thing only. Princess Ardala Wilma was alright but Ardala was the real deal, with her bejeweled bikini and high cape and a body to die for.:p

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

twiki1.jpg
    BIDI BIDI BIDI....WHATS UP BUCK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Loved the show when I was a wee bairn.

Smuckers is right - Erin Gray (Wilma) was a bit of all right, Pamela Hensley (Ardala) was the main attraction (plus she was bad, if you're into that kind of thing) - she was only in it for the first year if I remember right.

Amazing list of guest stars in the show (considering the relatively modest budget) - including Jack Palance, Cesar Romero, Roddy McDowell, Peter Graves, Jamie Lee Curtis & Gary Coleman:rolleyes:

Possibly less known trivia - Mel Blanc (voice for Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and pretty much every other good cartoon character you remember) did the voice for Twiki. Beedi beedi.

btw damn you smuckers, I've got the theme song in my head now. Not just the tune - the song with words from the pilot/movie episode. Damn you to hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

lol sorry sceptre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Yeh, Buck rocked :)

One moment still lives on in my memory. Buck was attending some sort of Space Games and he was watching the pole vault competition. He turned to wilma and asked her where the athletes pole was (steady, its not one of those stories..) and she informed him that it was actually the high jump competition. 5 ceunturys of jumping had moved the bar up to 25 feet or something.

Ok, so it was a crap moment, but it boggled my young mind :)

Also, shouldnt the makers be suing Lucas for clearly ripping off wilma's wardrobe in Clones? (god does that man have an original thought in his head :) )

edit: Forgot about the brilliant Dr Theopolis. In an age when Soap on a Rope was hip and cool, BR brought us Leader on a Rope - The portable minister!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I used to love that program. It was Lee Majours wasn't it ?

What about the fall guy :D It's been shown on Bravo at the min.

Now thats a theme tune.... "I might jump an open draw bridge or tarzan from a vine.. cause I'm the unknown stuntman that made Eastwood look so fine" Brilliant :D

• Advertisement

Originally posted by daveg
    I used to love that program. It was Lee Majours wasn't it ?

Not Lee Majors. Chap's name was Gill Gerard or something similar (too lazy to go imdbing). Don't remember ever seeing him in anything else.

Watched the Fall Guy about two weeks ago. Just as watchable as when I was 5 or 6.

Now I'd got the theme tune to that in my head. Heather Thomas as one of the guys in The Office would say I wouldn't mind escaping up her her tunnel oh yeah. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

ahhh..... those where the days. Anyone remember the last seasion of BR was based on a star ship? cant quiet remember, I know BBC2 used to show it a few years ago... cant quite remember.

As for the Fall Guy, I so loved that show as a kid. Makes me wish I had digital so I could watch it again. classic stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I think that Buck Rodgers, McGyver, Fall Guy etc were all great family entertainment.

I think whilev soaps may be addictive - they are very forgetable.

Originally posted by sutty
    ahhh..... those where the days. Anyone remember the last seasion of BR was based on a star ship?

Indeed it was - the Searcher. Wilma, Buck and Twiki in a starship going in search of new civilisations... (sounds a bit familiar)

Damned if I can remember what it looked like though. Was it the one with the big ball in front (most of the ship) with a few pipes sticking out of the back?

(btw - for the nutters among us (not me - I just want it out of my head), found the theme song here. It's truly terrible. So far out of the same league as the Battlestar Galactica theme that it isn't even playing the same game. Few other tidbits including streaming episodes here)

(totally OT: I suppose no-one has a link to the even worse "Star Trek theme tune but with the words sung" theme?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by sceptre
    Smuckers is right - Erin Gray (Wilma) was a bit of all right, Pamela Hensley (Ardala) was the main attraction (plus she was bad, if you're into that kind of thing) - she was only in it for the first year if I remember right.
    Pictures people. Pictures!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭JessieG

"DUCK DODGERS IN THE 24TH AND A HALF CENTURY!!!!!!"

warener bros rule!

Advertisement