Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Collecting 80's cartoons

• 25-11-2002 2:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭

Anyone collect or have any old 80's cartoons ?

I have a few complete series on VCD ... Mysterious cities of Gold, Transfomers, Ulysess31, Thundercats , Trap door , pole position(remember that ??), Mask to name but a few

Anyone else have any or am i completly sad ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

I've started collecting Anime/Manga/Animation recently. I have "Ghost In The Shell", "Neon Genesis Evangelion" volumes 1-5 and most of "Spawn: The Animated Series" but I hope to start collecting stuff like MOTU, D&D, Thundercats etc. Where did you get the VCD's, ebay? Were they expensive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i wouldn't say collect... but man i love my 80's cartoons. transformers especially, and those stupid childrens channel ones. who remembers the childrens channel? that was the best.. and mr. ben he was deadly, and ooh ooh superted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Aww Mr. Ben *sigh*. But even *sigher* is Bod. God what a great program.

Here comes Bod..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

I'm boosting the Moomins. That was some far-out wacky business.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I have 8 Transformers DVDS.
    /me does a little dance. :)

[edit]Cross out 6 and make that 8. nanana[/edit]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

bod.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

Where did you get the VCD's, ebay? Were they expensive?

Found a few websites selling them , i'll try and find the link, I think they where about 15-20 quid a set.

MOTU is very rare though, they can be bought easy enough on video but vcd is a little harder to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Please do forward on the link if you find it. I'd love to get the complete Mysterious Cities of gold cartoon.

Children of the sun....

Cool theme Tune, it's up there with Ulysess 31.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Well since I run www.battleoftheplanets.net I like to collect BOTP DVDs. I also have the entire Ulysse 31 DVD set IN FRENCH :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Superfurry

If you have a decent internet connection, KaZaa is a goldmine for downloading 80's cartoons. I've got episodes of He-Man, Transformers, Thundercats, MASK and Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors from there.

• Advertisement

I read on the mangatoanime boards that they might be releasing Voltron dvds.

hunkyelw.jpg

pdggreen.jpg

lancered.jpg

08allura.jpg

keithblk.jpg

3dvoltron.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

ahhh Bod.. i remember i used to always watch that when i was home sick from school..
    anyone got any top cat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

I have 8 Transformers DVDS

Makaveli: Just wondering where you got those Transformers dvds?

I just ordered the boxed set of season 1 and the the boxed set of the first 24 episodes of season 2.

Boxed Set Part 2 of Season 2 will be available in the states at the end of this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

BOD!

Now there was a dude! Baldy freak :)

What about the copper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

I got them from www.play.com

I'm waiting until they release season 2 on region 2 before I buy it because so far I've only seen it on amazon and it's too expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well we have a few chorlton and the wheelies videos though they could even be from the 70`s. Also have on tape of bod as well. THat had mad music. ALso have a mountian of epps of ducktails and some transformers!

Want to get more though. Voltron would be cool if they re release that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Transformers Chronicles can be found here (8.93mb AVI)

http://www.teoti.net/content.php?id=13930

Its just a snippet of what the program was like.
    I have plenty more of these.

Advertisement