Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MuDvAyNe

Options
  • 25-11-2002 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭

well this is a thread to just try and find out how amny of you like mudvayne. in my opinion they are one of the best bands around today. also i would like to know would you like to see them live.
    this fan certainly would like to see them live. how about you.

what do you think of MuDvAyNe? 17 votes

I love them.
    0% 0 votes
    I detest them.
    58% 10 votes
    I Dont know So dont ask me.
    41% 7 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I don't really know them, but I've heard one of their songs. It was alright. Better than most of the nu-metal crap being put out today. I would most definately go to see them if they ever came here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

I liked dig a little and was thinking about buying thier album but as soon as I heard I'm not drowning(or something) I changed my mind. It's way too nu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Dear oh dear, no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

Mudvayne, from what I've heard of their stuff, are a Slipknot ripoff. Agreed, they are FAR better than the crap being churned out at the moment, but that wouldn't be hard, would it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

hey leave mudvayne alnoe! i liked there album, loved dig love the new single. would def go to their concert if they ever came to ireland,

were all intitled to like whatever bands we like,

personaly i love cradle of filth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭domeara01

lets get a couple of things straight.
    1: MuDvAyNe have been around longer than slipknot have and they are in no way like a slipknot rip-off. they are totally different.
    2: MudVaYnE are alot better than most of the **** that we are been given nowadays. that is because they are unique and angry.
    3: people who make miss-informed opinions are doo doo heads. they are the scurge of our society and should be punished. take the example of the person who said that they thought that dig was good but when they heard not falling he did not buy the album. guess what einstien. not falling is from the new third album. dig is on L.D.50. there second album. well thats all i will say on that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

here here

ld 50 was a good album from start to finish

thank you. finally some one who agrees with me.

no no tears please, for fear of pain may acompany death, and it is desire, the shackling certainty as we shouting.

amd now the lyrics to my favourite song on L.D.50

Nothing To Gein

Cold and silent, soiled face I will wash it all away,
    With my love,
    That's all she's ever needed, from me
    It's my time, to mother,
    One of my own in my life,
    I am so alone, left with no one
    In my life, I'm so alone

Life submissiveness,
    Hypnotizing the ignorant a little boy's best friend's always his mother,
    At least that's what she said,
    Life of a simple man,
    Taught that everyone else is dirty,
    And their love is meaningless,
    I'm just a soiled dirty boy,
    I'm just a soiled dirty boy,

Sheltered life innocence,
    Insulated memories, spark reflections of my head,
    Duality in my consciousness,
    Caught in the war of hemispheres,
    Between the love lost in my head,
    Mommy do you still live inside of me,
    I'm so lost in my life without any guiding,
    Protected me my whole life from everything,
    Nailed shut the doors to the shrine,
    To screen your dead eyes from me and my sickness,
    Mutilate and sew my new clothes for masquerading,
    Aprons of flesh corpse scalped hair with skin upon my face,

Deliver the remains from her womb of earth,
    Prep the rack and tie up for new love's rebirth,
    Covert understanding of novice surgery,
    I'll focus concentration and only take just what I need
    For sickness I'm masticating,
    Dancing and masturbating,
    Celebrate in fields of night with skin upon my face

If I soak my hands in others blood am I sick,
    If I wash my hands in others blood am I sick,
    If I drench myself in others blood am I sick,
    If I bathe myself in others blood

Blame mother for the sickness,
    Mutilate and sew my new clothes for masquerading,
    Aprons of flesh corpse scalped hair with skin upon my face,
    Dance and masturbate in night light by myself..

Nothing is left for me to gain they're coming to take me far away,

Chorus

Life of a simple man taught that everyone else is dirty and love is meaningless
    I'm so soiled
    Soiled

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Mudvayne rock! I couldn't stand them until I saw them live at Ozzfest in England last year but LD50 is a fantastic album, and anyone who says they sound like slipknot....have you actually *listened* to their albums?? They sound nothing alike, just because they have a shouty singer doesn't mean they're ripping 'knot off. As someone said earlier, mudvayne have been around a lot longer.

Can't wait to get their new album, should have it tomorrow hopefully :)

Satansdaman - have you got their dvd? it's pretty good.

Originally posted by satansdaman
    lets get a couple of things straight.
    1: MuDvAyNe have been around longer than slipknot have and they are in no way like a slipknot rip-off. they are totally different.

Slipknot - Mate Feed Kill Repeat Released 1996
    Mudvayne - Kill I Oughtta Released 1997

You were saying?

And as far as I know, Kill I Oughtta was a 7-track demo, and not a full album at all. Where as Mate Feed Kill Repeat was a full, self-released album.

And all this took was a quick search on Google to find the relative information. ;)
    2: MudVaYnE are alot better than most of the **** that we are been given nowadays. that is because they are unique and angry.

I'm sure eating my own shoes is alot better than eating horse poo, doesn't mean I'm going to. Not when I've got a pot noodle.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    Slipknot - Mate Feed Kill Repeat Released 1996
    Mudvayne - Kill I Oughtta Released 1997

You were saying?

He never said Mudvayne have been releasing albums longer. He said they've been AROUND longer.

TBH, slipknot Vs Mudvayne is an incredibly lazy comparison. Ooooh they both dress in costumes and wear make up! Even superficially, Mudvayne don't have the help of a DJ, and I think have a tighter sound and a bit of a goth feel to their music. I can't hear any similarity at all....

Originally posted by eth0_
    He never said Mudvayne have been releasing albums longer. He said they've been AROUND longer.

Isn't the singer about 35 or something?
    I guess if you look at it that way, they've been around longer.
    But seeing that Mudvayne released a demo a year after Slipknot released a full album suggests to me that in fact Slipknot were around as a band longer.

Again, like I said, this is on information that I've googled for.
    Looking for both bands earliest releases...
    And my conclusion is based on this.

Now, I never really said that Mudvayne were a slipknot ripoff. But you do have to admit, there a definite similarity. I suppose comparing them to Coal Chamber would be a better comparison? But just looking at the lyrics posted, it's all the same kind of teen-angst style spouted by these bands; Marylin Manson, Slipknot, Korn, it's all the same ballpark. So in my view it's an acceptable comparison.

Even just looking at the spelling of the band name: Mudvayne. I'm assuming Vayne = Vein. It's the steriotypical purposefully miss-spelled name, just the same as most nu-metal bands today, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park.

But no, I'm not going to say they're a rip-off of any band. It is rather lazy, and as I just proved there myself, you can draw comparisons between just about any band in nu-metal, and some of it is rather superficial.

One thing that I find a bit puzzling though, is where on earth to you get the goth comparison? Care to clear that up a little for me?

well i just got the end of all things to come and it rocks truley and totally.

the difference between mudvayne and slipknot. the lyrics really have a meaning. they really mean something. slipknot have not. they go on about how satansic they are. i am not really willing to spend 20 euro to listen to corey taylor say that he is a satanist for an hour. slipknot have eight members. mudvayne have four. big difference. just cause they misspelled there name does not mean that they are nu-metal.

thats all i will say on the matter.

Heh, I think one sure fire way of telling if a band is nu-metal is to go down to the Central Bank and see what the kids are wearing! I for one have never seen a mudvayne t-shirt or hoodie worn around Dublin.

And Mudvayne don't sing about teen angst, when they sing about things like Ed Gein, it's hardly 'my girlfriend cheated on me and i want to die' stuff really. They aren't even looking for pity heheh "Don't feel sorry don't feel sorry for me . Don't need your sympathy or empathy, don't need your sympathy inside of me"

Mudvayne > Slipknot. End of story! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Well here's what Slipknot and Mudvayne have in common.

THEY BOTH FUUCKING SUCK!!!!!

the difference between mudvayne and slipknot. the lyrics really have a meaning. they really mean something. slipknot have not. they go on about how satansic they are. i am not really willing to spend 20 euro to listen to corey taylor say that he is a satanist for an hour. slipknot have eight members. mudvayne have four. big difference. just cause they misspelled there name does not mean that they are nu-metal.

Thank who ever invented google, or I'd be lost in this.
    From Slipknot's 'Surfacing'
    Running out of ways to run
    I can't see, I can't be
    Over and over and under my skin
    All this attention is doing me in!

**** it all! **** this world!
    **** everything that you stand for!
    Don't belong! Don't exist!
    Don't give a ****!
    Don't ever judge me!

And...
    From Slipknot's 'Wait And Bleed'
    I've felt the hate rise up in me...
    Kneel down and clear the stone of leaves...
    I wander over where you can't see...
    Inside my shell, I wait and bleed...

Get outta my head cuz I don't need this
    Why I didn't I see this?
    I'm a victim - Manchurian candidate
    I have sinned by just
    Makin' my mind up and takin' your breath away

Now, this is only the first two fecking songs I looked at, and they both hit the Teeny-Angst target spot on. I'm sure if I was to look at the other songs they have I'd find that it's all pretty much the same.

I don't really see anything about satanism in there whatsoever. But I find it perplexing that you say you dont want to listen to Corey Taylor say he's a satanist, and from what I've seen, he doesn't, yet what I've gathered from other threads, is that you're also a Cradle Of Filth fan? So how is it you can listen to Dani Filth go on about being a satanist?

I'm too fecking tired to argue any more tonite...
    So, I'll leave it until tomorrow.

And btw, Etho, you didn't answer my question about where you get the goth connection in Mudvayne?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I like mudvayne. Good drumming. Bass is usually just backing the guitar and then occasionally can be heard do it's own short cool bit, and go back to backing the guitar, I liked that. Guitar is average. Singing is good when he stops shouting.

Originally posted by eth0_
    And Mudvayne don't sing about teen angst, when they sing about things like Ed Gein, it's hardly 'my girlfriend cheated on me and i want to die' stuff really. They aren't even looking for pity heheh "Don't feel sorry don't feel sorry for me . Don't need your sympathy or empathy, don't need your sympathy inside of me"

Ok, now I said I'd argue a bit more on this...
    Watch me go!

Now, would you please explain to me how 'My Girlfriend cheated on me' is teen angst? Because frankly, that can happen to anyone, and most likely they will feel like **** and want to die, it's a given, and I dont see how that aplies solely to teens.

Maybe I've got the definition totally wrong? Because as far as I know, it's usually the old teenage rebellion "I hate my parents" crap. And no matter how you dress it up, and pretain it to be something it isn't, it's still the same old thing... I mean, just look at the lyrics posted already:
    Hypnotizing the ignorant a little boy's best friend's always his mother,
    At least that's what she said,

Blame mother for the sickness

It's all the same nu-metal teen-angst rubbish dressed up as a song about a serial killer.

hey he never said it was his girlfried breaking up with him. he said that it is hardly like cuud shouting about how his girlfriend broke up with him. what he is saying is that is not mudvaynes style. you know what i mean.

If anyone is interested or wants to find out more about mudvayne Click Here.

i dont wanna argue with anyone now cause it is stupid.

satan

Nah. That's OK. :)

• Advertisement

why would you post a reply to say no thanks and that would be it. your a bit ****ed up like arent you.
    satan. if you dont like it keeep your mouth shut.

Hehe. Sorry. I just felt like giving a little bit of sarcasm to express how much I hate this band. :D

why hate them when you can love them

hey he never said it was his girlfried breaking up with him. he said that it is hardly like cuud shouting about how his girlfriend broke up with him. what he is saying is that is not mudvaynes style. you know what i mean.

What on earth are you talking about!?
    Try and read what I've posted, you might get a clue as to what's going on in the thread.

hey anglewhore. we moved on ages ago.

Satansdaman - have you got Mudvaynes new album? I got it last week, fecking class! A little heavier than LD50, but it's brill, I think it's out in Ireland on Friday, check it out!

yeah i got it last week too. it is class. i like mercy severity and patient mental. those are class tunes. but the album is class as a whole

do you haver the beginning of the end of all things to come. that is also class.

hey anglewhore. we moved on ages ago.

No YOU have moved on ages ago... Without answering to any of my points, I should add.

• Advertisement

do you haver the beginning of the end of all things to come. that is also class.

No I don't, must get it, I heard it was pretty good.

Advertisement