Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MuDvAyNe

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭domeara01

well why did you say that you got it if you dont that is dishonest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by satansdaman
    well why did you say that you got it if you dont that is dishonest

You weren't exactly clear in which album you meant.
    I thought you meant 'Beginning Of All Things To End'.

I don't have that.

I was referring to 'End of all things to come'.

Get it right, kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

why hate them when you can love them

Because I don't love things that blow goats! That would be "dishonest".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

I just got The End of All Things to Come with the bonus dvd. Its fucking brilliant. The dvd isn't great it hasn't got any videos just documentary type stuff, but the in-studio clips are brilliant, especially the drumming clips. I have LD 50 too, its also pretty damn good, havn't listened to it in ages though. TBH i don't care too much what the lyrics are about as long as the music is good, and it is (in my opinion).

Any comparisons to Slipknot are fucking stupid. Mudvayne are much better, and more artistic.

Also who was the dingus who said that Slipknot have 8 members they have 9, 0 to 8.

Another thing, Slipknot never go on about being satanists you eejit. In Heretics Anthem on Iowa he says "If you're 555 then I'm 666", hes just going on about how different he is from what people think he should be like. Corey also said at one of 'Knot's live performances at Ozzfest that this song was supposed to be "The biggest middle finger to the records industry", (don't ask me how it is, thats what he said.) Apart from the mention of 666 there aren't really any other references to satanism or Corey (or any other member) being a satanist.

And somebody also mentioned the fact that most Dublin moshers and slip/korn/nirvana hoodie kids dont wear mudvayne stuff, in fact a lot of the ones I know either havn't heard of them or think they are goth music! (fucking stupid retards).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

AW - their losing the arguement so they make half dozen short posts to try to cover it up, i think they answer a few of you points, maybe 2 outta the 10 or so :)

Thrax - they call slipknot satanists because they have probably never listened to any of their songs, its the classic 'oh slipknot, they suck', talk to anyone who doesnt listen to metal and ask them what they think of slipknot, 75% or so will say they suck, the other 25% will ignore you and think your wierd, or maybe even say they have never listened to them and give no opinion. Calling slipknot the stuff you scrape from your shoe seems to be seen as 'cool' in most places, its stereotyping, just live with it. Please dont call it 'goth' music, it has nothing to do with modern nu-metal, your confusing goths with gothlings, rather diffrent, a common mistake however :)
    Get it right, kid.
    For once eth0_ is talking to someone without insulting them for a while and argueing, and then he comes up with this, obviously isnt looking for friends in these parts.

• Advertisement

angle whore. i dont wat to get into this now. anyhow i think i was a bit ****ed up the day i said there is 8 members in slipkknot. that and the fact that i dont like them. but anyhow peoples misconceptions of bands like mudvayne are a crime. peopel dont realise that these are good bands and all they need is a little support to lift them into europe and more inportantly ireland. i dont know what is going on with thye world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've no misconceptions about them at all. In fact, I whipped out some magazine compilation CD with Nothing To Gein on it, and had a good listen while I was arguing before. It was standard Nu-metal fare. But quite frankly, there are many, many better bands, far more worthy of our support. And I dont think feeding the American nu-metal scene further is in any way, shape or form important, as far as I know, Mudvayne are signed to the clown from Slipknot's own label, are they not?

Now, Pugsley.
    Get it right, kid!

'Confusing Goths with Gothlings'? As far as your context goes, the term gothling makes allusions to budding taste in the goth music scene. But quite frankly, there's abosutely no link between goth and numetal what so ever! GET IT RIGHT, KID! :D

tell mne where the nu metal part comes in nothing to gein. i am llistening to it at the moment and i hear no NU-METAL part in it. maybe you could define NU-METAL and what it is in your conception of it. please do this as i am very interested in hearing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Vlad Drac

Heres a nice big long definition for you to clear up what nu metal is ... http://www.sonicdeath.co.uk/guides/numetal.htm ... and in the recomended section at the bottom we find mudvayne :eek:

You've seriously got to be kidding me...
    Just listen to the drums, it's the exact same thing as David Silvera, Joey Jordison and the like do...

Frankly I'd be far more interested in hearing your definition of nu-metal.

• Advertisement

well if you think that then you are a lost child. there is good drumming in mudvayne. my definition of numetal is rap vocals with a metal band and a dj in the mix.

Nu-Metal=Sh*t

end of story

Have any of you ever seen/heard Joey Jordisson's drum solos? ****ing awesome.

well if you think that then you are a lost child. there is good drumming in mudvayne. my definition of numetal is rap vocals with a metal band and a dj in the mix.

Nu-Metal=Sh*t

end of story

I didn't comment on whether the drumming was any good or not. I said it was the same style as Silvera, and all those. Can you please try and read what I've said before you reply to it?

And no, nu-metal is not simply rap vocals and DJ's. I'd hardly think Korn fit easily into that definition, and they pretty much started nu-metal. Even later Sepultura had a hand in it.

But remind me again... Dont the Deftones use a DJ? Don't System Of A Down rap? Yet these are hardly Linkin Park, are they? No, I wouldn't think so.... So I'd say your definition is pretty screwed, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Nu-Metal=Sh*t

end of story
    On the whole I dont like nu-metal, but some of the bands are good.
    I like some slipknot songs (most of its pretty pants, but some songs good), and Im listening to a lot of Guano Apes aswell, which I have heard defined as nu-metal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

It's off the subject of Mudvayne, but are disturbed considered Nu-metal? Their rythms have a nu-metal feel sometimes, but their music seems to stand out from other nu-metal bands.

Disturbed's song "Down with the sickness" is supposed to be about how shit nu-metal is and how its wrecking the music industry or some bullshit like that. i.e. the band don't consider themselves nu-metal despite their very nu-metal sounding tunes.

Fuck it, people call Tool nu-metal. I've heard them being called nu-metal in some magzine.

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    I didn't comment on whether the drumming was any good or not. I said it was the same style as Silvera, and all those. Can you please try and read what I've said before you reply to it?

And no, nu-metal is not simply rap vocals and DJ's. I'd hardly think Korn fit easily into that definition, and they pretty much started nu-metal. Even later Sepultura had a hand in it.

But remind me again... Dont the Deftones use a DJ? Don't System Of A Down rap? Yet these are hardly Linkin Park, are they? No, I wouldn't think so.... So I'd say your definition is pretty screwed, isn't it?

well it is a good thing that i do not listen to the deftones and KoRn anynore so thats ok. system of a down they rap but they do not have a DJ in there band and therefore do not form a nu metal band. for a NU Metal band to exist then they must have all three components in there band. if they rap then they are venturing into rap metal.

Complete rubbish!
    I start to wonder if you're only a troll, as I doubt anyone can be that ignorant.

I mean, the fecking FOUNDERS of nu-metal, Korn had neither rapping vocals, or DJ scratching. Same goes for Fear Factory.

i never said that Fear factory and KoRn were nu-metal. i said that i do not llisten to KoRn and the deftones anymore. fear factory are not nu metal. it is obvious what has happened here and that is that we have different opinions. i am not ignorant. i just like to have the last word. i will leave it to you though this time.
    good bye.

at least we have one thing in common. we both like dimmu borgir.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

On the topic, MUdvayne's last single ('Not crawling' I think it was) was kinda cool. I like the vocals in it. THey are nu-metal I reckon - the definition of Nu-metal I heard before was 'down-tuned guitars and singing about teenage angst'.......ok, so maybe they are half nu-metal, cuz they certainly don't sing about teenage stuff.

I'm not awake yet so don't expect this post to flow nicely :)

pugsley - i'm not a he, ok? kthnx.

As for Slipknot singing about 'if you're 555 then i'm 666' and that makes them satanists, ooh does the same go for the pixies (re: monkey gone to heaven)?

Fear Factory are nu metal? WTF?
    I consider something nu-metal in the worst sense when I see the (s)kids around the central bank wearing the bands t-shirts. It's a theory that hasn't failed me thus far!

And everyone else that likes Mudvayne - \m/ ! :-D "Not falling" rocked. Has anyone else got the new album? I wish they'd do a show here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 CRONIC ARSE

i dont know them heared there new single. its ok! its good and heavy loved the drums too nu the guiters are nothing special and the singing, well at least he doesnt ****in rap i would go to see them its good enough to go mental to when ur high and want to get mental in the ****in pit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 CRONIC ARSE

Originally posted by ThrAx
    Disturbed's song "Down with the sickness" is supposed to be about how shit nu-metal is and how its wrecking the music industry or some bullshit like that. i.e. the band don't consider themselves nu-metal despite their very nu-metal sounding tunes.

Fuck it, people call Tool nu-metal. I've heard them being called nu-metal in some magzine.

they called tool nu metal. whats ****in next slayer the next new thing in pop music.them mags like kerrang say **** like that about bands that are totaly the ****in oppisite. ****in assholes.

Originally posted by CRONIC ARSE
    they called tool nu metal. whats ****in next slayer the next new thing in pop music.them mags like kerrang say **** like that about bands that are totaly the ****in oppisite. ****in assholes.

My my aren't we turning the air blue! Take no notice of Kerrang, it's such a kiddies magazine. Metal hammer is pretty good tho.

i never said that Fear factory and KoRn were nu-metal. i said that i do not llisten to KoRn and the deftones anymore. fear factory are not nu metal. it is obvious what has happened here and that is that we have different opinions. i am not ignorant. i just like to have the last word. i will leave it to you though this time.
    good bye.

No, *I* said they were nu-metal.
    And yes, Fear Factory were definetly nu-metal.
    In fact, they probably influenced Korn a lot.
    Same producer, very similar down-tuned nu-riffs.

They had a very big hand in creating the whole scene.
    I mean, listen to Spineshank?

Originally posted by CRONIC ARSE

Slayer are as good as pop.
    Every nu-metal yobbo out there is listening to them.

Advertisement