Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

and again with the Gay thing.... :)

2»

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Clan Giblets (my first clan and still the greatest CA clan of all time)
    spoofed a few american clans that we were "Clan Gay" [CG]
    or "Cock Gobblers" etc... you wouldnt BELIEVE how pissed they got about it!

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Originally posted by DeVore
    I was thinking of calling it "The Closet" actually :)

Anyway, I really dont see it as being for gay *sexual* problems.
    More for problems arising out of their sexuality.

DeV.

dev, dev, dev :)

Doesnt just have to be about 'problems' :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

What's needed is a poll to track which of the two boards, PI and GLB provides the greatest number of serrupticious laughs. I think the humour board has a serious run for its money here.

But then, I'm sick.

And as for the parents board - you just need a sticky that says:

YOUR CHILD IS BEHIND YOU. TURN AROUND.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Clan Giblets (my first clan and still the greatest CA clan of all time)
    spoofed a few american clans that we were "Clan Gay" [CG]
    or "Cock Gobblers" etc... you wouldnt BELIEVE how pissed they got about it!

DeV.

pffft you stole that from MY name. Yes thats right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I actually thought the clan was called "Guns All Year", with a catchy [GAY] tag for each of the clanmembers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

no swiss, that was GI .. Ghey Islanders :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Oh, now THATS an old obscure reference that about 90% of Boards isnt going to get :)

Back on topic though... I'm very pleased how the GLB Issues forum is going at the moment. Its remarkably untrolled (apart from Jayk the odd time :p) unless the Mods have been faster then the Admin!

This is a good thing and so far the discussions have been quite interesting and thought provoking. So much so that perhaps we should consider allowing Unregistered posts...

DeV...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

I think unregistered posting is a great idea boss.

... about that pay raise...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i'm totally against unreggi posting i think it encourages muppetry and causes undue stress for mods trying to sort through what is real n what's just plain trolling ... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I think unreg posting would be great if the moderators would be up to the workload involved. As such it should really be up to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It [unregistered] really doesn't cause much more workload on PI. If there are issues raised by an Unregistered that are slightly dubious, slightly unplausible, they are dealt with in a mature way by posters on PI as far as I see. A lot of the posters seem to moderate the Unregistereds well, saving mods a lot of work.

We rarely seem to get the "Oive gah peempls ohn meh bellend wharrama gonnu dyew?!" followed by "hehe ye fookn reyterds, oiy wiz fokn wit ye, oiy dewnt ev pehmples 'tall!". And if we do it's good craic for the "moderation lag" moment it exists.

I really think going unregistered would be a good thing for the board just as it is for coming out on PI.

hows it coming out if ya do it unregistered 0_o

that was an attempted wry joke on posting/coming out but seems to have flopped like a lead balloon. o_0

Thanks for pointing that out Dusta... I mean Bost... no I mean paddy.. no wrong again... Victor... hmm oh yes AZEZIL :p

FUNNEH! :p

but seriously whats the point of unreggies...

Imagine if you were a spammer and you had to tell the whole world that you were a spammer or you would go insane by living a lie. Maybe before you told the world you were a spammer you would want to query uncloseted spammers as to how they came out and get some insight and backup and reassurance I guess.

I think it worked for one of the GLB moderators on PI tbh. (about being gay, not being a spammer, he isn't out of his closet on that facet of his character yet!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Gordon

Thanks for pointing that out Dusta... I mean Bost... no I mean paddy.. no wrong again... Victor... hmm oh yes AZEZIL :p

i dont get it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I'd be against unregistered posts too, let em post to PI and the mods there can move em over if they are not muppetry and are relevant. Less work for me.

Yeah I registered as unregi before, but I would have registered an account if needs be. I'm not a big fan of unregi posting though but I just used it for convenience. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I'm all for unreggi posting on the board. It's been a very easy run so far (much easier than I'd expected) so I guess unreg posting might increase the workload but hey - moderators have to earn their keep :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

let every1 go unreggie cept for TypeDef for obvious and unobvious reasons ;)

wub wub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

bah.... *obviously
    *that was my next guess.

/Foiled again.

chef3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Ah yeah, my minds been changed by whats been said, go unreggie !

:)

Originally posted by Shinji
    I'm all for unreggi posting on the board. It's been a very easy run so far (much easier than I'd expected) so I guess unreg posting might increase the workload but hey - moderators have to earn their keep :)

*panics a little*

Eh... "keep"? Um, which keep would that be then? Noone mentioned any "keep"s....

I think I'll think about setting up unregistered postings for people who might already be on Boards but not want to "come out" just yet...

DeV.

Eh... "keep"? Um, which keep would that be then? Noone mentioned any "keep"s....
    What you mean we don't get paid our salary at the end of the year?

yeessss...... its just in my car...... let me go get it.....

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

yeessss...... its just in my car...... let me go get it.....

DeV.

I don't think he's coming back....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

I bet he doesn't even have a car.........;)

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Moving back to the issue of unregistered posting, I've considered my stance on the matter, and decided that allowing it may not be such a bad idea.

If a person has understandable difficulty posting under their nick about issues like their sexuality then they have really only once choice, which is to create another account, á la bubbles/boston ;). This is usually frowned upon, some admins have given explicit warnings that users who multi will be kicked, however in this circumstance it would probably be forgiven, seeing as the intended purpose would not be to troll or create hassle.

As Shinji has already stated the people of boards have behaved admirably well so far. Unlike Shinji I am not surprised. Although Unregistered posting will create additional work for moderators, this is what we signed up for, and should it become more trouble than it's worth, we can always disable this feature.

Advertisement