Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Blocked??

Options
  • 25-11-2002 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Is Port 4661/2 blocked on Istream??

having a lot of trouble connecting to it.

KdjaC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Is that for edonkey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I seriously doubt IStream would be blocking any ports at all.
    but iirc edonkey is terrible for connecting to... you'll have to be pretty patient. theres just too many servers with small maxclient limits, and the server list that it downloads (or it comes with) is always packed with ppl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

for Emule.

Up till about a week ago i got a high ID and 80+ dloads now i cant even connect.

Weird.

kdjaC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i sometimes get that lowid problem. i think its actually a problem with the emule client. it simultaneously(maybe one by one very quickly) tries to connect to each server in the list. maybe you are getting packets back through the 4661/2 ports while sending packets at the same time and a conflict happens.

although some isps in the states are blockin p2p systems. i cant see eircon actually doing that as it would involve someone at their end actually doing some work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Very weird i usually get great speeds from it now i get this.

Connecting to
    Fatal Error while trying to connect. Internet connection might be down

Umm its not otherwise i couldnt post this :)

KdjaC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

They don't block ports. I've found eDonkey pretty hit and miss, even when you connect there's not much being shared (I've found anyway), Kazaa lite is best of the lot imo.

Advertisement