Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cookie and security problem

• 25-11-2002 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hmm this is not mickryan, actually venom posting. Cookies got ****ed up. Security breach going on here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Sorry it was me Civilservant not venom (my old nick). Strange that. I tried to post and mickryan2000 came up. I already was going to post about a cookie problem then that happened.

Now I can't log into news2me at all cos it keeps forgetting that I logged in. I have a feeling it's to do with cookies. Happened last night when I was browsing on an mp3 website. Had to use a java applet to download stuff. Anyways that's when the problems started. Now everytime I tried to get a website to remember information it resets itselfs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Are your security settings in IE set to High?

(Tools - Options - Security tab)

Try setting them to medium or going for a custom setting if that's the problem.

(perhaps wipe your cookies?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Thanks Sceptre good advice

I did that but it didn't seem to have an effect. Went to windowsupdate and download 28megs of security files etc. And that did it! ;)

Advertisement