Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat DSL 256kbps question

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭shinzon

I just had a horrible thought, with all this talk of quarterly payments in things, does this also apply to NETSMART

Just wondering,

TRI

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

AFAIK it's payable monthly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭highlight

Really?. I do know that the co location fee (or something) that ESAT pay is one of the highest going but I was under the impression that the wholesale rate for DSL ,as set by the RAT, was extremely high and thus had a knock on effect for any retail pricing.

wrong on both counts

Actually the co location fee is one of the lowest - Ireland is one of the only countries to have the colocation space in the exchange room, rather than engage in capital build like elsewhere. The wholesale DSL rate has nothing to do with the local loop unbundled rate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

ok, does anyone actually KNOW what this thread is about

it is co-loacating to iceland with an LLU..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by highlight
    Actually the co location fee is one of the lowest - Ireland is one of the only countries to have the colocation space in the exchange room, rather than engage in capital build like elsewhere.
    Just out of interest, what is the fee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

well i guess this could be nailed in the toilet for the weak bowelled then

http://www.esatbt.com/esatcom/homepage/news_events/pr20022410-2.htm

another pile of poo on an extensive poo pile...

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Hannibal_12

Originally posted by highlight

Actually the co location fee is one of the lowest - Ireland is one of the only countries to have the colocation space in the exchange room, rather than engage in capital build like elsewhere. The wholesale DSL rate has nothing to do with the local loop unbundled rate [/B]

I didn't mean to imply that LLU rate DSL was affected in anyway by wholesale pricing, I know it isn't, but having a wholesale rate as high as it is doesn't do much for takeup or competition. That was my original point, not made very well, sorry.

As for the co location, thanks for clearing that up. I read several times that it was very high here and just accepted it blindly.

Advertisement