Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you get a job at concerts?

• 25-11-2002 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

Just wondering. Read somewhere that over 600 people worked at Witnness! Do you go through an agency, send a CV to MCD or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Try Oxfam and the like.. they have loads of ppl working at glastonbury/reading etc... basically you do one morning shift and one evening shift throughout the weekend, rest of the time is yours, although they only just pay for your ticket and meals, its a cheaper way of seeing the festivals (as opposed to working non-stop through them).

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/stewards/

Personally I can't imagine working somewhere like Witnness... would be absolutely horrible :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Simple as this: Know someone whos works there and scrounge a job. Worked in Slane for 4 years :>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

thats how i got my job, not in any festival type place but i get to see loads of bands all the same. and i got it coz i knew someone who worked there. and everyone who works there got the job because of that, nearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

and if you don't know anyone who works at these things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I think a lot of the ppl who worked at Witnness were FCA people, doing security and first aid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Basically there are different companies involved;

A promotions company (Like MCD)
    A security company
    A catering company (Benson's did Slane)

If you can drag out some old ticket stubs you can find out who promoted Slane for example, contact them and they might have lists of other comapnies who worked there.

Advertisement