Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Not connect to IOL Tonight

Options
  • 25-11-2002 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭

Tonight when I tired to connect to IOL it just kept coming back with the message
    "A TCP/IP problem has occurred. Please check if you have TCP/IP installed and selected for your modem."
    I really don't think it is a problem with my modem. No probs connecting the Oceanfree etc

First connection problem I have had with No Limits in a long time

Anyone else experiencing this tonight?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

Yeah, the same thing is happening to me. It gives me an error like: "The computer you're connecting to is not responding", or something similar. I've been connecting to IOL Nolimits everyday for months with NO problems at all, and now this :(
    It's too late to call tech support, isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

I had some problems trying to connect earlier on tonight but I managed it in the end. However, I went offline a while ago, tried to reconnect and I'm getting the same thing as you guys. Looks like it's something on IOL's end of things. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Same as me, around 8:30pm I was getting a dead connection. Disconnected, tried again, no responce from the other side. I didnt try again later. Good to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

netsmart account , same problem

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

IOL Gofree and Netsmart servers same this morning.
    Unable to negotiate a compatible set of network protocols (odd that I thought TCP/IP was pretty standard), or connection terminated, no response from server (after username and password authenticated).

Not fair......

• Advertisement

Indigo still works fine- free dialup no. is 01-6047000
    You will have to set up your own username and password though......

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

IOL free, netsmart and no limits are affected :(
    Should be up soon enough...you can use Oceanfree in the meantime if yer stuck tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Yes- seems to be back up again.
    Getting bloody good latency too.....
    (at least until everyone else figures out its back too.....)

:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

ISDN appeared to be unaffected.
    I connected to no limits a few times last night..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Synkronite

Im having the same problems with No Limits (Im not on ISDN) - Becoming annoying since I always have to unplug the line from the back of the modem to reconnect as my modem doesnt hang up properly. Argh. DSL.. I passed the test, just dont want to sign away 12 months to the Rat!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Synkronite
    Im having the same problems with No Limits (Im not on ISDN) - Becoming annoying since I always have to unplug the line from the back of the modem to reconnect as my modem doesnt hang up properly.

Odd, the error was cleared at that time...
    Sounds more like your modem is the problem than no limits?

Advertisement