Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cuckoo?!?

Options
  • 26-11-2002 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭

what ever happened to these folks?

i know they split or something and i know that there is some connection with jet plane landing but can anyone offer any other info?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Wicker

Cuckoo disbanded alright.....
    They were from Derry if I remember correctly.

AFAIK the lead singer from Cuckoo is now the Lead singer with Jetplane landing (? Ross ?)

Both bands were/are excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭manofspeed

When Cuckoo were dropped by Geffen records, two of them - Cuckoo guitarist Andrew and bassist Jamie relocated to London and reformed as Jetplane Landing, recording and self-releasing their debut album themselves. The drummer is Jamie's brother (I think) and other guitarist Cahir also comes from Derry. They are consistently breaking ground in the UK, by sheer dint of their hardworking DIY ethos - their homemade video was playlisted on MTV2 recently, which is a major achievement! Great band.

www.jetplanelanding.com
    www.speedman.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i thought they were from cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

manofspeed is right, 2 of the lads are now in jetplane landing

the guitarist of cuckoo is now the singer/guitarist in jetplane

anyone any info on the singer, he had an amzing amazing voice!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by polarbelly
    manofspeed is right, 2 of the lads are now in jetplane landing

the guitarist of cuckoo is now the singer/guitarist in jetplane

anyone any info on the singer, he had an amzing amazing voice!

His name is Andrew Ferris and he's a top bloke. Manofspeed is spot on with his info...Jamie (Burchell) plays bass, his brother Raife is the drummer, and Cahir O'Doherty (also plays in Derry band Clearshot) makes up the foursome, playing guitar. Current album, Zero For Conduct, is quite good, and the ep El Quatre Gats is out at the moment, featuring the song Acrimony, which is playlisted on MTV2 at the moment. Request the song on mtv2's website to help keep 'em in the public eye.

They are a top band, and should be touring in the early months of next year. Clearshot (Cahir's band) will also be touring soon.

Check out www.jetplanelanding.com and go to the community section for the bands forum...you'll find me on there most nights.

• Advertisement
Advertisement