Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange Server, Proxy Server & Dial-on-Demand.. HELP!

• 26-11-2002 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭

Lo laeds :)

We have a server on our network that has both Exchange Server 2000 on it and Sambar on it. Up to now we have only needed internal email and web access through the sambar server with dial-on-demand enabled. Now we need to get internet email working.

Has anyone any experience of setting up Exchange Server to access the net through Sambar (especially to use the dial-on-demand service).

In "connectors" in the exchange server admin section, smart hosts points to our internet SMTP address (mail1.eircom.net), at first I thought i could just enable the SMTP server on Sambar and point it to mail1.eircom.net, then point the smart host to local IP of the machine (we do this on another machine without exchange using Outlook express to check for mail & using the sambar server to dial-on-demand) the problem comes into play when you see that Exchange runs on port 25 (for internet and external mail) and conflicts with the sambar smtp server on port 25.

Any ideas lads? or suggestions of something else I could use or do? Cheers lads!

Advertisement