Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Most fun car to drive?

Options
  • 26-11-2002 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

Had to get rid of my CRX a while ago and am finding it difficult to get a car that handles aswell but isn't expensive. Which car have you driven was the most fun to drive. Doesn't have to fast or expensive, but nice to drive and handle extremely well. Give a bit of a reason.

CRX 87-92 - very light (poss too light) and very fast. Handles like a dream. You really can place the car in corners and you can feel the road through the seat. Great gear change. The later CRX don't seem as sharp.

MR2 85-90 - as the crx except even more limpet like and handles lke a go kart. Had a spin in a supercharger one aswell and that had a great urge in the midrange. The later ones 90+ though still nice are much bigger and lose a little feeling. The later turbo cars are absolutely nutter cars. (great car in GT2 though)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

i once drove a citroen 2cv

what a laugh !

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

A friend of mine says my little runaround is "sticky as fcuk", i don't fully understand this term, as I believe it is a technical one (he is a third year apprentice mechanic after all!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Renault Kangoo, what a car/van... Its so much fun

kangoo.jpg

Look at them sweet curves, it's great for attracting the women iswell :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Ford scorpio 3.0 L V6. Would have been more fun if it wasnt automatic.
    Some power in that engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

For pity sake stop putting heaps of c**p in my thread...

"nice to drive and handle extremely well" !!!!HELLO!!!!

• Advertisement

How about this one then? Or if that's not to your taste how about [URL=HTTP://195.157.53.162/PRODUCTS/1/MINRACP.JPG]here[/URL]? :D

Originally posted by Legbreaker
    How about this one then?

Another pet hate of mine, c**p clipart. Could you not put more effort into ruining this thread?

I was trying to be considerate about file size, and believe it or not I don't actually run this forum. Incredible, i know! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

Caterham - not practical but so much fun. The new one with the motor bike engine is even cheapish to tax and insure...

Originally posted by Legbreaker
    I was trying to be considerate about file size, and believe it or not I don't actually run this forum. Incredible, i know! :eek:

I said ruin (as in wrecked) not run. Too many speed readers on these forums LOL. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

either an mx-5 or a peugeot 205

Touché! I still like the miniracers though....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    For pity sake stop putting heaps of c**p in my thread..

excuse me, the kangoo is not a heap of crap. Its a heap of ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

Fiat Uno Turbo i.e. or Toyota MR2 Mk2 GT-Turbo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

ok i know it slightly out of the range but the best car for fun was the subaru impreza and the best for speed was the evo IV, hands down they are two of the fastest cars i have ever driven in my life,

Best fun to sit in was the '94 toyota Celica world rally car (it was was owned by didia auriul (bad spelling)), a friend of mine at home is big into rallying and bought but was to terrified to run it in the rally. but good fun never the less

sorry about deviating but i thought it was worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭Patman

Have to admit that I am very fond of my MX3 1.8 V6. Sticks to the road, acceleration's great and runs smoothly. I even got automatic seatbelts, and am not selling this baby yet! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Bo Duke

Heres some muscle that will kick any rice runners(japanesse cars) *ass.The bandits car.A 70`s trans am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Bo duke, it might stay ahead of them on straights, but what happens when you show it a corner? Most American cars are sh*t around corners, while a lot of the rice rockets will go around corners very well, but they're slow in a straight line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pug 205 1.6 GTi or 306 GTi-6

No explaination needed really.

Mike.

Advertisement