Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Problem Solved !

• 26-11-2002 12:36pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭

People might remember that I was having a problem installing software and difficulty with general operation of my machine. When installing software I would get error's like "Corrupt Cabinet File" and other strange problems like programs just crashing out to windows in the middle of loading.

It turned out to be a faulty memory stick. A location in memory must have been corrupt. Afaik windows uses the low end of the memory locations so appeared to be running fine. But when a program tried to access that dodgy space in memory it just went batty ! :) I got a freind's 256MB stick of similar memory and tried it in my computer, the computer operated just fine !

The support at Komplett suspected this to be the problem. I was amazed none of the genius(s) on boards would have made this analysis. Fair play to Komplett support.

Another brownie point for them.

Slaan.

Advertisement