Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap Broadband internet 512kb

Options
  • 26-11-2002 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hi all,

Ive been looking at Leap, not available in all areas but growing, nice guys to talk to, plenty of info, and seems there is no hidden charges...

Has anyone got this service? Are they happy with it? Any catch's

Info/discussions?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by delop
    Hi all,

Ive been looking at Leap, not available in all areas but growing, nice guys to talk to, plenty of info, and seems there is no hidden charges...

Has anyone got this service? Are they happy with it? Any catch's

Info/discussions?

They are still geared towards SME's. €90 a month when Irish Broadband are offering the same service for only €48 a month.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I heard yesterday that they ought to have all areas of Dublin covered by January. Only know one person using it. They're really happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

Of course I agree, but if you dont live in donnybroke what you going to do???

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

RE: All areas covered for Leap, I think they may be moving faster than that, D9 may be covered...

Is a bit expensive but what can you do, Dont have any friends in UK :-(

And I guess If I get Leap in I wont have any friends in Ireland eventually :-)

Have to give up the pints :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Last time I talked to them they were waiting for the equipment to come in for a mast in the IFSC and on 3 rock. There site hasnt been updated with any new info and they never got back to me about D9 so I know no more than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

They will be doing very well to have Dublin covered by January given the amount of sites required and the current rate of site acquisition in Dublin. They are probably just aiming for the Business Parks of Dublin and then connecting via microwave radio back to a fibre-served base station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

i enquired with leap before i heard about irishbroadband too, i emailed them on a thursday and had a reply within minutes saying theyd be right out to do a line-of-sight test the following monday, and if i wished connect me right there and then.

Then i put that on hold as i heard about irishbroadband and emailed them, they replied saying theyd get back to me asap about a line-of-sight test. That was well over a month ago now. I've been onto them a couple times since and theyve said theyre testing new equipment etc. ...i dunno, you get what you pay for service-wise i guess.
    Im gonna give IBB another week or so then im going back to leap. May be more expensive than IBB but its still a huge saving on what im paying now for ISDN.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I use LEAP. They are good. That is all.

DeV.

They're website says packages are in KiloBytes per second. Has anyone got on to them about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Smircher

I use Leap as well for business.

All dealings I've had with them have been excellent.
    Very knowledgable tech staff and they've been very quick to respond to any of our queries.

Highly recommended, and I hope that they cover my home area soon as I'm becoming very fed up with dial-up.

Oh, hi....by the way.....first post, been reading IOFFL for quite a while now.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

hmm. I too have been given a bit of the old runabout from IBB so i might just give Leap a call. What are their pings like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

have a read of DeVore's treatise about Leap, should have all the info you wanted:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55432

ps- I think that KB/s is a typo, someone should let them know really. 512KB/s would be fairly decent..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Sounds good, although I guess im out of their range.

Originally posted by LoBo
    ps- I think that KB/s is a typo, someone should let them know really. 512KB/s would be fairly decent..

I got on to them and they're sorting it out. They also say they'll have a service in Dublin 15 by the end of January.

Advertisement