Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Square & Enix to merge

Options
  • 26-11-2002 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

http://www.planetps2.com/mmcafe/index.html

smeg. this should be interesting.

now we needs shinjis l33t industry knowledgw to tell us all what it means.

[edit] not smeg this should be good[/edit]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Edit: he got there first with the link :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Are they not arch-enemys of the RPG world?

Dragon Quest vs. Final Fantasy etc.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Ryo Hazuki
    Are they not arch-enemys of the RPG world?

Dragon Quest vs. Final Fantasy etc.

if you read Shinjis story (linked above), you will see that they have worked with each other in the past.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If they make a game half as good as their last effort together, Chrono trigger, then it will definitely be good news.

• Advertisement

Their last effort together was Xenosaga, actually...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

oopsy!
    I can't be right all the time. By the way is xenosaga coming to europe?

Just read a few articles on it and it looks like Enix will be running the show more than Square.
    Since Enix have even more hatred (well not hatred) to the European market than Square I hope this doesn't mean most I will have to import most of the games I love even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Yup we should be getting xenosaga some time before the end of next year, but there is no official date set. kinda stupid considering we didnt get xenogears(which im playing now and is bloody class).

Just read a few articles on it and it looks like Enix will be running the show more than Square.

I've seen some people (generally fansite journalists who don't actually know anything about how businesses work) jump to that conclusion too, on the basis of the fact that on a technical stock market level, this is an Enix buy-out of Square. Square's Nikkei stock is ceasing to exist and being replaced with Enix shares at 0.81:1 ratio.

However, the president of the new company will be Wada Youchi (current Square president) which probably tells you everything you need to know. Their development efforts will probably be seperate for the most part, too.

It's far more likely that we'll now see Enix games in Europe than that Square will pull out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Mmmm very interesting, should be seeing some class games. While on the subject of Square, whens something going to materialise out of their Nintendo friendship?

whens something going to materialise out of their Nintendo friendship?

On the Cube - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle is out next Christmas in Europe.

On the GBA, I don't know exact dates but I'm sporting wood over Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, which is arriving Real Soon Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Their last effort together was Xenosaga

I thought that Namco were making Xenosaga, or perhaps they're just publishing it.....?

Advertisement