Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Awwwwwwwww

• 26-11-2002 8:51pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

31 seconds: Disaster for Manchester United as they fall behind from a corner. Quinton Fortune clears off the line before Christian Giminez bundles the rebound into the net.
    Basle 1-0 Man Utd.

hahah

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

You spoke 60-odd mins too early ;\

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Lucky :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

muhahaha
    finally a good english team is able to put basle to the sword :p
    /me wuns and hides as liverpool fans give chase with pointy pieces of metal.

Seriously tho, once we equalised they didnt look anything at all.
    Good thing their star player was fairly silent, coulda been a different story otherwise. Especially with the lack of cover for the back 4.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

31 seconds: Disaster for Manchester United as they fall behind from a corner. Quinton Fortune clears off the line before Christian Giminez bundles the rebound into the net.

??? The match was on tv, why did we need to running commentary :p

So now we know, the question was put who had the weakest group and that if we played Basle how we would get on..so now we know.
    Well it actually proves feck all but that our tactics handled them a lot better than pools.

RVN was class, one of the best finishes I have seen in a long time.

Veron was once again ****e.

Gwan united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

What a goal by van Nistelrooy and Solskjaer. Great second half. Roll on sunday ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭peeve

once united equalised basle did look very poor..It couldve been a different story had basle's finishing not been so bad! 3-1 flattered united. Basle shouldve been at least 2-0 up before RVN scored and silvestre shouldve been sent off-made no contact whatsoever with the ball. Scholes was also quite lucky!

VN scored a great goal in fairness tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭peeve

and yes i am a sore pool fan!:mad:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Not to worry sure you always have the plastic Uefa to look forward to!! :D

Was not a penalty, got the slightest touches on the ball, but then again if you are saying that all the commentators on both TV3 and UTV are wrong well then!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

NOt all of the commentators on UTV said the he did get a touch as it happens and yes I do believe that all of the commentators on TV3 are wrong, I mean, how in the world could they be right :)

I don't think the "We beat the team ye couldn't" guide is the best one to go on really, only in matches against each other can one truly determine which team is better and that only tells you who was better and luckier on the day. Roll on Sunday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

oh yes and on sunday we shall see mwuhahahahahaha

• Advertisement

I was only answering the question that some asked in another thread, just because we beat them and ye did not does not prove anything alright, even one match does not prove anything, it is who delivers the trophy at the end of the season that counts.

Sunday should be fun alright, will be on a feckn plane so am going to miss the game! :(

but yop im sure u wouldn't wanna watch united get beaten by us scousers again?????

;)

don't know ted, have a small little bit more confidence now - very small , should be loads of goals anyway

well i guess u'll find out after u get off ur flite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by yop
    Veron was once again ****e.
    You need to stop listening to Mark Lawrenson. I thought he did ok... He did what he was supposed to do. What else do you expect of him... 30+ goals a season?

I expect him not to give the ball away twice within 20 seconds in the last 2 minates of a game.
    I expect him to run back when he loses the ball and get it back
    I expect him make runs forward, wanting the ball

Just pointing out the obvious lad, he ain't doin the business.

Look at the madrid and milan match.

What the influence that Zidane or Rivaldo had on the match.

He ain't up to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

In fairness to Veron Yop the ball goes through him almost every time United move it up the field at east once. The only time it does not is when Giggs runs at the opposition defenders. With that much ball possession you have got to make allownaces that he is going to lose the ball more then other players. But I owuld like to see him try to get it back when he does that, which he doesn't really. All in all though I think he has actually done reasonably well for United this season.

in the 1st half i thought he has some very nice touches and little balls that almost made it.
    2nd half he wasn't as 'good'.

for the price we paid, he really should be better.

especially considering RVN was just over half his price and has never looked like a bad buy.
    Maybe thats not fair on veron, but thats football.

I am still a fan of his. Just not of his price tag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I love the way united fans are using basle as a comparison to liverpool...where were the leverkusen comparisons last year lads ?:)

Anyway, VN's wasnt bad, but jaysus has he EVER scored from over 3 feet ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Originally posted by Dustaz
    I love the way united fans are using basle as a comparison to liverpool...where were the leverkusen comparisons last year lads ?:)

Anyway, VN's wasnt bad, but jaysus has he EVER scored from over 3 feet ?

Thats the sign of a great poacher,anyway isnt the penalty spot twelve feet away from the goal :D

• Advertisement

Pfft... beating Basel doesn't make Utd better, it just means that Basel felt they didnt NEED to give the performance of their lives to get something from the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Sposs
    Thats the sign of a great poacher,anyway isnt the penalty spot twelve feet away from the goal :D

Pfft, Ruud van who?

two words - Thierry Henry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I think you are on to something there Pie!

Originally posted by PiE
    Pfft... beating Basel doesn't make Utd better, it just means that Basel felt they didnt NEED to give the performance of their lives to get something from the game.

Yea that makes sense :rolleyes: run along to the uefa cup and let the big boys get on with playing football where it matters.

didn't feed the need.?
    Maybe they knew they didn't really stand a chance against real opposition. :p

Originally posted by Sposs
    Yea that makes sense :rolleyes: run along to the uefa cup and let the big boys get on with playing football where it matters.

Good one.

Originally posted by PiE
    Good one.

Thanks.

Advertisement