Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**NB Change in Album Archive 28/11/02***

Options
  • 26-11-2002 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

George Harrison - All Things Must Pass

There I was, chuffed that I'd this week's Album Archive done and dusted, scripted up so early in the week. The Stranglers "Aural Sculpture". Class. Then, waking up this morning and looking at the calendar, it occured to me that George Harrison's Anniversary is this Friday. (don't ask me how I remember, i'm just sad like that...) So I could either go ahead with The Stranglers or script a whole new show on one of George's albums at 2 day's notice as a tribute to him. George it had to be.

So, enjoy the fruit of my frantic labour this Thursday at 8pm on Phantom when we look at The Quiet One's first solo album, the triple LP set All Things Must Pass from 1970. You'll hear album versions, alternative versions and live versions of SOME of the tracks that make up the album. Remember, we've only got an hour so I'll squeeze in as much as I can. And incidentally, there'll be no Album Archive on December 5th, so December 12th's show will feature John Lennon's "Imagine" album from 1971, due to the fact that it's John's anniversary on December 8th. A sad time of year for Beatles fans indeed. There'll be no album archive on December 19th either, so we'll air Ther Stranglers on December 26th. Ok?

Right, that's all.

Regards

Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Morn

A sad time maybe but positive in that it encourages their music to be celebrated...

Advertisement