Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A BIG favour please people

Options
  • 27-11-2002 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

A favour please people - Our good mate Trev Mooney (TrevM on the board, he of Otranome and GigSmart fame) had some bad news last night. To cut a long and very sad story short, his guitar, effects pedals, and an arse-load of CDs were stolen from the back of his car last night by some dirty rotten scoundrel. Needless to say, Trev is not a happy puppy, so here’s the favour: if people can keep their ears and eyes open for people trying to sell the following stuff on the cheap, give him a shout at mooneyt@wyeth.com. He’d be sincerely happy.
    Basically, what was stolen was: a green Fender Stratocaster guitar. It’s pretty distinctive cos he’s done a lovely red and blue paintjob on the scratchplate. Also, there was a Boss Blues Driver, a MetalZone, and a Boss Flange pedal stolen There’s probably not much chance of seeing any of them again, but like the guitar, he’s got distinctive red and blue markings on them, so if anybody sees/hears anything, give him a shout pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.
    A crappy end to a great year. Ah well...

Cheers,
    Richie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭JAFO

That truly stinks, keep a keen eye on buyandsell.net lots of gear hot or otherwise gets moved there i bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

If I find the guitar, can I ram it down the stinkin thief's throat???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Christ almightly that is ****ing awful. Eyes and ears open...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Man, sorry to hear that. That really stinks. Sh1t like that really p1sses me off. Bad things shouldn't happen to good people. Yiz should play a fundraising gig to replace what was nicked. Or someone with a load of cash could buy Trev a really nice Christmas pressie. If I could I would.
    Buy and sell is a good place to watch tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭palmic

richie if you want to have a fundraiser ill give you tht da 2 for free ill pay all the costs (soundman etc).i had 2 musicmans stolen on me a long time ago so me knows what your going through.....gis a bell if you want 0877777443......mick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

i never do go to any of the wee gigs in town,
    but you'd certainly have my support on this one.

A **** week now, but a good one lies ahead when it
    all comes back together somehow.

Ye know a couple of years before Doves released their
    debut album, their studio burnt down and with it many
    many ideas. Gutted.
    So they start all over and go on to release one of the
    best albums of 2000. Triumph.

Don't let the 6astards get you down

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

Well, just been talking to Trev. He's at home dying with a flu at the moment (he's having all the luck, isn't he!) so he can't go online, but he told me to say thanks to everybody for their kind words of support. Mick - your offer is more than appreciated. I'll be in touch over the next couple of days to organise something - thanks a miiiiiiillllllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiioooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

havent been around for a while but it saddens me to hear shít like this!! why oh why cant people just be good to eachother?

hmmmmm...i'll be at any sorta fundraiser yis put on! support support support support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Hi All,
    Mnay thanks for the words of consolation, needless to say Im close to heartbroken over the situation but in a way its my own stupid fault for leaving the stuff in the car in the first place normally I never would but typically the one time ya do and the **** happens...anyway hopefully I can recover some of the cost,our house insurance won't cover musical instruments though so Im pretty upset by it all...Much appreciate the offer of DA2 maybe we can get something together that might help towards replacing my gear , I feel a bit wierd about it though.

Thanks again friends, hopefully the guitar will turn up in the meantime in one of the shops or in buy and sell.

All the best and thanks for your support as always-
    Trev M

Advertisement