Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

|!| Third Level Fees

• 27-11-2002 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

[EDIT] BOld spam merchat ! [/EDIT]

Slaan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Why should all college students have their fees paid by the state?

It is in our countries interest to have a skilled educated workforce, but that alone does not justify the taxpayer paying the costs of 3rd level education for students, regardless of ability to pay.

All children are mandatorily sent to primary and secondary schools, so I do agree with the principle of free 1st and second level education. The money saved by having students repay the cost of 3rd level educations, could be plowed back into primary and secondary education. Obviously there is only so much money available, andi think it could be better spent elsewhere.

I personally think that interest free student loans, to be repaid when you graduate and get a job (repayments based on what you can afford) would make far more sense.

I know that having a degree alone does not guarentee a lucrative career, but if you compared the lifetimes average earning of a person with 3rd level eductaion, to one without, there is not question there would be a significant difference.

X

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement