Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HItman 2 has been pulled..

Options
  • 27-11-2002 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Check out www.hitman2.com

There have been some complaints about the game !!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Old news but,

Where the hell is the info on the site.

Thats like me saying

New Bug found

www.symantec.com

/now trawl through a 1500+ page site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

its not been pulled. only images that were "offensive" to sikhs. it is still quite possible to buy the game.

anyway this has already been discussed before and everyone agreed it ridiculous.

maybe we all should call up revolution software and complain about their portrayal of irish people in broken sword?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

No it hasn't been pulled........:rolleyes:

If you read the statement on the site, it tells you exactly what they are doing

Eidos Plc is pleased to confirm that it has reached an amicable position with the Sikh Coalition in relation to the changing of certain images and references depicting Sikhs within the game Hitman 2:Silent Assassin which is on general release.

In recognition of the concerns and sensitivities which have been raised, Eidos and the developers, IO Interactive, have responded in both a socially and commercially responsible manner by:

removing from the Hitman 2 website all relevant images and content;
    taking steps to amend the game on all existing platforms; and
    adapting the next edition of the game due out for the GameCube platform.
    Eidos and IO Interactive would like to stress that no offence was intended but would like to apologise to the Sikh community and other persons for any offence taken.

Eidos recognises the value of upholding the Company's good corporate citizenship status and strives to observe high standards of ethical
    behaviour in all its business activities. To that end, the lessons learned from the concerns expressed by the Sikh community will help to ensure that the Company continues to observe and respect cultural, religious and ethical sensitivities in its future products.

8 November 2002

Bio
    [edit] damn - gotta learn to type faster :D[/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

Sorry about that folks....

Should have check the forum before submitting....

Just got carried away.....

Thanks

Silverski

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I dont seem to have progressed that far in Hitman2, but there are other games that ive played that have you shooting various nationalites and religions.

I have the orginal version, so will new patches remove these images from the game.

Cause i wanna shoot some sikhs

Same as i wanna shoot Nazi`s in RTCW etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

i thought there was complaints about the bank infiltration mission thingy as it really happened in India or something?

or did the person who told me that bull**** a lot :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,376 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

what was wrong with broken sword. It got it right I thought. We all do live in bog holes talk like leprauchans and drink far too much. Can't complain since the game was brilliant and im also too drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

Has anyone else encounter problems with the Virtual Memory whilst playing Hitman2 :)

Advertisement