Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To the moderators

Options
  • 27-11-2002 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Could we please have either a Console related topic folder, or an Individual Console Topic folder , Xbox, Gamecube,Playstation 2 ......etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

and then the fanboyisim will multiply and they will stick together.
    soon after they will invade the other boards with l33t sayings as PS2 sux0rz x-box rUl3z j00.
    bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Well firstly you request new boards over in the admin section. But I really doubt you'll get support for a set of boards as you've described. All consoles and pc topics fall under the general games title and splitting them up will only dilute the discussions and bred fanboyism as DiscoStu said.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

keping it with in the general games board is a better idea, because alot of people have pcs and two or three consoles

and as DiscoStu said it would cause fanboyisim

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yes and if we have a board for each console whats going to stop that deranged lunatic dead bank clerk from getting himself an atari jaguar board all for himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by magick
    Could we please have either a Console related topic folder, or an Individual Console Topic folder , Xbox, Gamecube,Playstation 2 ......etc?

Eh no.

Why?

Cos if we'd done this when boards was first created then we'd have a dead SuperNes board, dead Sega Saturn board, dead CD32 board, dead NeoGeo board, and so on and so on.

Even having a generic playstation board would be unlikely as Sega, one of the old giants of consoles no longer even makes consoles. The same could happen to Sony (in theory)

Boards will be here long after the current consoles are long dead.

However. I would be in favour of an Atari Jaguar board.

Also stop using the phrase "Topic folder". It's either a "board" or a "forum".

Nevertheless, thanks for your feedback. In future though if you have a suggestion for a new board (even if it's Games related) try posting on the Admin board. This is "how things are done".

Cheers,
    amp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well said amp

And any way most of us gamers have more that one format to play on! I have consoles and a PC, like how the hell else do i pist to boards with my dream cast!

Yeah keep it all together. And is i see a thread like mario 47 on the game cube i can ignore it as i dont have a game cube! No problem.

Then we have games like Hitman 2 that came out on all formats so all gamer who have the game can unite and discuss that!
    Bring down borders, we have to many anyway!

Advertisement