Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm finally getting a new Pc, like it?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Raife

Actually I failed to mention the 10 inch monitor I was getting , top quality and I'll upgrading the processor in the summer toa 5ghz dual pentium 4 and the printer and scanner are really good quality especiallly the printer.

LOl... And no I won't be playing online solitaire, once I get ADSL which hopefully will be rather sooner than later thats if I'm within the 3km range so I'll be playing UT 2003 etc... with it.

Also I'll be using it to learn 3d Studio max and well thats why its gonna be so fast, t'was either that or get a Sylicone Graphics PC which would of cost me an arm, a leg and a testicle.

So I'm really happy with it so :P .

I have alot of projects which I need completed which were put on the back burner until I got the new PC so, BLAH!

Thanks for all the replies and your views and btw Dell rip you off, I tried them first and it would of cost me around 4g's so I don't like them much, but that just my view.

Catch ya on the flip side!

Ltr!!
    Raife!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by Raife
    Actually I failed to mention the 10 inch monitor I was getting , top quality and I'll upgrading the processor in the summer toa 5ghz dual pentium 4

Hmm.... something wrong here methinks. Either your joking or well um...

Its unlikely you are getting a 10" monitor, as apart from being uselessly small, they are very hard to source. Perhaps you mean 20"? There will be no 5GHz P4s.. certainly not in the summer. You also wont be able to run dual Intel anything these days but Xeons, and your existing motherboard is useless in that regard (it wont take Xeons).

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Leave him alone hes broke from spending 4k on 3D studio Max ;)

Raife - What time can it render the apollo capsule in then? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Originally posted by Matt Simis
    When I bought the C1, the 2.5s were the only ones available at a decent price. Even now, purchasing a 1.8 will still most likely get you a B0.

Fair enough, but then again I'm not going to go out and buy a 1.8 without ensuring its a C1.
    I dont think Im misunderstanding anything about DDR vs Rambus. Rambus evangelists have a habit of assuming Rambus makes up for any\all deficiencies in their system, when all results of seen has shown a minuscule performance increase over Cas2 DDR333, let alone DDR400.
    I wasn't claiming defacto DDR400 was CAS2, merely pointing out that I wasn't too worried about not having RAMBUS as my DDR400 does run at CAS2. [/B]

Hrm, not an evangelist here, I completely disapprove of rambus's business practises, and even the implementation on the intel i850e could be better performance wise. I was just saying that pc1066 is usually faster than anything less than ddr400 cas2, the distance depending on how fast the ddr is running and the timings. I'm well aware of how much benchmarks can vary, but all the ones I've seen seem to be saying the same thing.

No, of course rambus isn't going to make up for other deficiencies in a system.
    In regards to bragging about purchases, may I remind all you "holier than thou" types that the original poster asked what other peoples specs were like, presumably in the same price bracket (2K). Since this was point of the thread, I find the snipes from those with "level heads" to be misplaced and pointless.
    [/B]

Thats very true, theres always the back button if you don't like the content of the thread.
    How about someone with a fast Rambus system posts some benchmarks in a new thread (on HW Tweaking?). Im talking about advanced, modern games\progs here, ie Commanche4, all details on. I am genuinely interested in the real world speed of both memory types. No hype, no BS, no "select" benchmarks.
    [/B]

That would be interesting ok, and theres plenty of people with ddr systems to compare against. Justhalf has a pc1066 rambus system, hopefully he will read the thread.

Damn Typo! Its a 19 inch monitor, oh yeah and its ddr ram.

Thanks for the replies!

Ltr!!

• Advertisement

Its dual processor Matt Simis as in two 2.5ghz one on to of the other and it will be available by summer.

RicardoSmith- Oh in about 2.5 seconds...LOL.

Only joking, no idea since I have'nt even learned how to use the software yet but I might just get something like Merlin maybe also for a difference that is.

Ltr!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Raife, I haven't seen any dual pentium 4 boards, only dual xeon boards, which have a different socket ( socket 603 instead of 478 ). So I'm really not sure what you are referring to. Hopefully you are not referring to hyper threading, as this gives a -5% to +20% improvement ( depending on the code ), not a doubling of your chips power.

There not in stock wholesale yet but they do exist.

Well so I was told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by Raife
    Its dual processor Matt Simis as in two 2.5ghz one on to of the other and it will be available by summer.

RicardoSmith- Oh in about 2.5 seconds...LOL.

Only joking, no idea since I have'nt even learned how to use the software yet but I might just get something like Merlin maybe also for a difference that is.

Ltr!!

The Apollo is the sample file. Just open it and hit the render button.

Advertisement