Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to find a fibre-optic cable supplier

Options
  • 27-11-2002 7:19pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

As per topic, I need to find an Irish company that supplies fibre-optic cable (and advice).
    I am hooking up some devices using an RS485 mulit-drop network, I will be using standard copper wiring between the devices but I need to use fibre-optic from the devices out to the host PC. I have the RS485 to fibre converters sorted (from blackbox.com), but I am somewhat ignorant when it comes to fibre (having never used it before).
    All I know is I need about 1000mtr of rodent-proof multimode fibre-optic cable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

Have you tried Celtic Fibres in Ennis?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

All of the Telco vendor companies in Ireland sell fibre albeit sourced from abroad; Siemens, Ericcsons, Alcatel. There's also Corning Fibre, Agtec Ireland and OffAir Electronics who are cable suppliers.

They will ask you what connectors your equipment supports (FC/PC etc.) and also if your require patch panels.

Advertisement